Demon’s Souls received a big update yesterday.
Demon’s Souls remake developer Bluepoint put out the game’s biggest patch yet this week. Coming in at over 7.5GB, the update strangely did not come with an official list of patch notes.
Despite this, players have been putting together an unofficial list of everything they discovered since the patch’s release. Though their findings may not be complete, it still offers a much better look at what was actually changed/fixed.
So far, a number of the fixes address exploits and glitches, such as the Golden Coin glitch, and the Ring of Magical Nature spell slot exploit. There are a few other welcome fixes included in the patch, such as a fix for the overlapping text in player messages, a fix for Activity Cards to make them a bit more useful, and another for ping values so they actually reflect your ping to the game’s servers.
Here’s the list so far, as collated by Reddit user LeeShawBrown.
- Activity Cards for warping to Archstones now function correctly.
- Message appraisals now display correctly, the text and numbers no longer overlap.
- Network setting “Invasion Limit” has been removed.
- Network setting “Server Selection” now displays the correct latency (ms). The closest server should now show the lowest ping.
- With “Show Helmet” off in the options, a new crossed out eye icon will show on the helmet in the UI.
- Golden Coin glitch has been fixed.
- Ring of Magical Nature would give a free spell slot by attuning a spell with it equipped, attuning a spell and then removing it. This has been fixed.
- Ring of Longevity would allow rapid health regeneration when quickly equipping and removing it. This has been fixed.
- Damage numbers now seem to be capped to the enemy’s total health.
- Some new DualSense sound effects added for item uses such as consuming warrior/hero souls.
- Players are no longer able to break the standard progression.
- As originally intended, you can now obtain the Large Sword of Searching from any curved sword, not just from a scimitar.
- When you reload your current area at an archstone, the menu selection will no longer change to the farthest archstone of that world.
- In the Old Monk PVP encounter, you no longer have to watch the cutscene every time as an invader.
- It’s no longer possible to use any gender’s armor type by switching body type at the statue.
- Soul signs now show the player’s PSN name instead of their character name.
- The host no longer receives Souls from defeated invading phantoms.
- De-leveling during PvP no longer exists under any circumstances.
- The Black Eye Stone cannot bypass level range restrictions with the use of a password.
- Previously, when wearing the Ring of Regeneration with the HUD set to dynamic, the status bars wouldn’t disappear even when health was fully restored, now it correctly disappears at max health.
- As an Invader, the character’s health bar will now correctly match the Old Monk’s health bar.
- After cooperation, players now get extra time before going back to their own world – enough for a gesture or two of celebration, rather than instantly freezing and disappearing.
- Trying to retrieve something from storage will now tell the player they can’t when it exceeds their item burden. Before, it just wouldn’t give any indication.
- In world 3-1, the Former Noble’s Wife’s singing will not abruptly cut off when traveling through the area anymore. Players will now hear her singing throughout the level.
We’ll update this story with the official patch notes as soon as they become available. Until then, we’ve got a whole host of guides covering everything from best starting classes, top weapons for early, mid and late-game and a more walkthroughs for the various boss fights.