When you think of Assassin’s Creed, cracking brain-teasing puzzles isn’t the first thing that springs to mind. But here’s how to solve the head-scratcher and unseal the Well of Urdr in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Well-Traveled quest.
During this story arc, Eivor leaves their body for a vision of Asgard, taking the form of Havi, king of the Norse Gods.
Havi means “High One” and is one of the many names of Odin, the Allfather at the top of the Nordic mythological pantheon.
In the Well-Traveled quest, Odin and the god of war and justice, Tyr, travel to the sacred Well of Urdr to collect its holy water for The Builder, who promises to create a device to protect Asgard from the invading Jotnar from Jotunheim.
However, when they reach the entrance, they find the sunstones that hold it open disturbed, and the mouth of the Well of Urdr sealed.
How to unseal the Well of Urdr in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
To open the passage, Havi must redirect the sunstones through their focusing crystals – correctly positioning their beams. We have an embedded video showing the solution below, and written instructions underneath.
This puzzle is particularly annoying, because it’s unclear where you can position the sunstone beams to split them as Tyr suggests.
But to unseal the well, here’s what you need to do:
- From the entrance to the cave, go over to the sunstone furthest from you and point it into the crystal above the door you came in through
- Next, as you’re facing that door, go to the sunstone on your left and point it down towards the mouth of the well
- Now go down to the mouth of the well and move the orb on a pedestal around the corner until it lines up with the target on the other side of the well
- Return to the sunstone you just moved, and fiddle around with it and the pedestal until you can reflect the beam through the orb and onto the target
- Now, go around to the sunstone on the other side of the chamber that’s closest to the door you came in through. The one that’s in the top right if you’re facing that big door
- Shoot this beam into the sunstone next to it. The one in the corner you haven’t moved yet, which would be the bottom right if you were facing the door you entered through
- Finally, go to this bottom right sunstone and turn its beam to hit the second target around the well
This will unseal the barrier capping off the mouth of the Well of Urdr and let you continue on your godly business.