We’re hiring a video producer. Is that you?
At VG247 we are absolutely up with the latest technology, so given the very recent introduction of “internet video” we are on the lookout for a talented video producer. This person will work with the VG247 team to create the kind of content our readers will want to watch alongside the incredible articles they are reading. Videos like this:
You can get all the info in this detailed job ad, but here are a few essential points to take note of before you fire over an application.
- While VG247 has a YouTube channel, this role is not to make videos for YouTube. We are after content that compliments our articles or stands on its own and can form the basis of an article itself. That’s not to say the videos won’t also appear on YouTube if they are suitable. It is just not the priority.
- You will work closely with the VG247 team, writing your own scripts or reworking existing articles into a format suitable for video.
- This is not just an editing role. We are after someone who is comfortable acting as a host or providing voice over.
- Some of your time will be spent working with a central video team here at ReedPop, creating evergreen content that all our websites can use.
- Knowledge of the current gaming landscape isn’t essential, but it will definitely be an advantage. VG247 focuses on the big games, so expect to be making videos on those titles rather than quirky indie games (which we love, but sometimes time is limited and we have to prioritise).
- Use your application to show off your skills. Don’t apply five minutes after seeing the ad with a hastily put together email and CV. First impressions count.
Here is the video producer ad again. Good luck!