World of Warcraft: Shadowlands has a release date.
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands releases on October 27.
In it, the Horde and the Alliance will “forge their own fate” in the eighth expansion for the MMO.
Upon entering the Shadowlands, you will find the otherworld in disarray. Souls are being wrongfully cast into the eternal darkness of the Maw, while the Covenants face “ruin and strife” as the flow of the Shadowlands’ essential anima dwindles.
As evil gathers the strength, players must go into the beyond, forge a pact with the Covenant that most aligns with their own principles and purpose, and restore balance to the hereafter.
Here’s what to expect in the expansion:
- Explore Warcraft’s Afterlife—Discover the wonders and horrors that await in the world beyond the veil. Ride across the gleaming fields of Bastion, lose yourself among the gothic spires of Revendreth, find yourself at the crossroads of fate in the eternal city of Oribos, and much more.
- Pledge Yourself to a Covenant—Align with one of the Shadowlands’ four Covenants, each with unique story campaigns, gameplay features, and powers that they bestow upon those who pledge themselves to their cause. Choose between Bastion’s valiant Kyrian or Revendreth’s prideful Venthyr, fight for the mighty Necrolords of Maldraxxus, or seek renewal with the wild Night Fae of Ardenweald.
- Ascend the Tower of the Damned—The vilest souls in existence are locked away in Torghast, an otherworldly prison ruled by the terrifying entity known as the Jailer. This ever-changing, roguelike challenge is open to solo players and groups of up to five, and those who brave its trials will earn materials to commission rune-carved legendary equipment of their choosing.
- Rise as a Death Knight—Bolvar Fordragon, the former paladin who once wore the helm of the Lich King to keep the Scourge at bay, seeks to bolster the Death Knights’ numbers—now, all Allied Races as well as pandaren can join their unholy ranks. (Available with pre-purchase.)
- And More. . .—Endure the Jailer’s watchful eye in the Maw, where the challenge mounts the longer you linger; Soulbind with key characters of your chosen Covenant to share their distinct powers; choose how to restore your Covenant’s Sanctum to glory . . . Shadowlands is unlike anything ever before experienced in World of Warcraft.
Prior to the expansion’s release, Azeroth will begin to bear the effects of Sylvanas’s actions during a special pre-launch in-game event called Death Rising.
This limited-time event will send players to the Icecrown, where the veil between worlds has been shattered and the undead Scourge awakens.
Death Rising is part of the pre-expansion game update to prepare for Shadowlands’ release, which also includes a newly revamped leveling experience, includes an introductory adventure for players new to the game set on Exile’s Reach, a variety of updates to classes and abilities in preparation for the expansion, and more.