Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 5 Reloaded is an upcoming update set to introduce new trials, rewards, weapons, and more to both Warzone and Modern Warfare.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 5 Reloaded kicks off at 7am BST on August 25, while the official Games of Summer event begins three days later on August 28 at 6pm BST/1pm ET/10am PT. The occasion will see players from all over the world represent their country in a variety of Trials, which allow them to earn medals for the country they’re representing.
There are five Trials overall and they will be available for both Modern Warfare and free-to-play Warzone players. There is no limit to the amount of times you can attempt a Trial.
According to a press release received by VG247 via email, the trials are as follows:
- Gun Course: Make your way through the course as fast as possible while clearing all enemy targets and avoiding civilian casualties (Assorted Weapons)
- Price’s Alley: Eliminate an endless series of enemy targets while avoiding civilian targets to maintain the combo for as long as possible (Renetti Handgun)
- Risky Parkour: Move through each checkpoint and finish the course as quickly as possible. Beware the heavy toxic gas on low ground (Combat Knife)
- Shooting Range: Locate and shoot all targets in the area as quickly as possible while conserving ammunition (Assorted Weapons)
- Marksman Challenge: Engage waves of long-distance targets and beat the clock. Missed shots burn time (HDR Sniper Rifle)
Earning gold medals in these Trials not only allows you to net your country some points, but also comes with a variety of rewards. For example, if you get a gold medal in all five Trials, you’ll earn the Legendary Assault Rifle Juliet Blueprint.
There’s also a new weapon called the Finn LMG, which can be earned by completing an in-game challenge, as well as new Warzone content, including a King Slayer mode. In this mode, the circle doesn’t close, but instead moves around the map, and the top teams’ top scoring players will be marked as kings on the Tac-Map.
There’s also a new Gunfight mode on Stadium, although the map is much smaller than its original form. On top of that, all players will be able to participate in a Gunfight tournament on Stadium during the free access weekend set to take place from August 28 until September 2.
There’s also a new Ground War mode, a new Operator, and more.
In related news, last week’s Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War trailer was banned in China due to its inclusion of footage from the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests.