Dovetail Games has outlined the five areas where you will cast your line when The Catch: Carp and Coarse is released.
Fishing enthusiasts will be pleased to hear about the lovely fishing areas in The Catch: Carp and Coarse, slated for release later this year.
There will be fives area in the game, ranging from a lake in England to a river in Spain. Each will feature its own select group of fish such as carp, redtail catfish, perch, and pike.
Here’s a rundown of the five fishing venues along with a description of each, courtesy of the developer.
- Oxlease, England, UK: A quintessentially English lake, surrounded by leafy woodlands and green fields with plenty of purpose-built fishing pegs, 26 acre Oxlease is one of the jewels in the crown of the famed Linear complex. In summer, the main quarry is carp, huge dark backed fish including ‘Alice’ who can reach over 45lbs (20kg), and the bullish ‘Oxen’, a surly brute touching 40lbs (18kg). In winter, Oxlease is also a renowned pike venue, packed with toothy predators to over 20lbs (9kg)! Try to find ‘The Prime Pike’ or one of the amazing double-figure tench.
- Pearl Lake, Malaysia: Emerald waters and tumbling waterfalls are surrounded by high limestone cliffs and glossy palm trees which sway gently in the warm sea breeze as anglers shelter from the heat of the tropical sun. Massive Arapaima, Giant Wolf Fish and exotic Redtail Catfish will all pull your string here, so your tackle needs to be strong enough to cope with fish that run to over 450lbs (204kg).
- River Ebro, Spain: At the foot of the Catalonian mountains near Fayon, the River Ebro clefts the Spanish countryside with a glittering blue scar of fish filled water. This big river is home to some seriously big fish, and you can expect to find catfish to almost 250lbs (113kg), hundreds of carp approaching 80lbs (36kg), with barbel, perch, roach, eels and more of sizes not found anywhere else on earth. It’s an angler’s dream venue. Will you fish from the rocky shoreline or opt for a boat, drifting over the azure surface under a hot Spanish sun? If you are stuck for divine inspiration, head for the sunken church, the spire of which pokes from the depths of the river.
- Rotterdam, Netherlands: So many spots to choose from. Target the wandering shoals of big bream and carp which inhabit the open water wides of mid-river, or maybe seek out the cover and shelter of moored boats and the shadows beneath the bridges in search of predatory perch, pike and monster catfish which run to 150lbs (68kg). Or grab the lure rod to indulge in some street fishing, or fish delicately presented natural baits for a huge variety of other species. The Nieuwe Maas has plenty of options.
- Loch Mickle, Scotland, UK: Cold, deep and mysterious, Loch Mickle should be on your bucket list for the variety of rarely caught species within. Often battered by winds, slashing rain and snow, this forbidding inland sea can be fished from shore or boat, or even the dedicated fishing pier, but wrap up warm if you brave this venue. Char, salmon and trout provide the main sport, but carp, pike and eels can also be caught. Remember to keep watch for unexpected monsters.
In the fishing game, you will be going after 35 different species of fish, each with their own unique behavior and bait preference. You will also have to pay attention to the time of day, the weather, and use proper equipment. Also, the water flow will affect your fishing whether you are on the side of a bank or in your fishing boat.
There are also 125 legendary Boss Fish to catch, including 11 Monster Boss Fish which are the hardest to land as they won’t go down without a fight. To help you land the big one, there will be over 100 types of equipment available from over 20 licensed partners including Nash and Mainline Baits allowing you to create various set-ups.
You can also participate in multiplayer and tournaments through events in the Dovetail Fishing League. You can even earn real-world prizes.
The Catch: Carp and Coarse will be released this summer on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.