Recent Silent Hill and Silent Hills rumors are “not true” according to Konami

By Stephany Nunneley, Tuesday, 24 March 2020 14:53 GMT

Rumors regarding a Silent Hill soft reboot and renewed development talks for Silent Hills are “not true,” says Konami.

According to a North American PR representative for Konami, rumors surrounding a Silent Hill reboot and a Silent Hills revival are just that: rumors.

“We’re aware of all the rumors and reports but can confirm that they are not true,” the spokesperson told Rely on Horror. “I know it’s not the answer your fans may want to hear.

“It’s not to say we are completely closing the door on the franchise, just not in the way it is being reported.”

Earlier this month, a Rely on Horror report stated a soft reboot of the series was in the works and being co-developed by Sony’s Japan Studio.

The initial report also stated Silent Hills – which spawned the ever-popular P.T. demo and was canceled when Hideo Kojima left Konami –  is also being discussed by the Sony team as it’s working to “patch up the relationship between Kojima Productions and Konami.”

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Comments