This year’s Evo fighting game tournament will not be delayed.
Organisers of fighting game tournament, Evo, have confirmed that this year’s event will continue as planned. In an official tweet, organisers said that the July 31-August 2 dates are not changing.
Mandalay Bay, the venue where Evo is hosted, is currently closed, but Evo organisers assume it will be open come late July. In case the event is delayed or cancelled, Evo will refund all ticket purchases.
An important message from the Evo team… pic.twitter.com/jUuiQSIITz
— EVO (@EVO) March 18, 2020
“At this time, Evo is moving forward with its plans to hold the event July 31-August 2, 2020 at Mandalay Bay (subject to its re-opening) but we are actively monitoring updates from the WHO, CDC, local governments, and public health agencies regarding COVID-19 and continuing to asses the situation,” the statement reads.
“The health of our attendees and staff will be the overriding factor in making a decision. Should Evo be postponed or cancelled, all ticket purchases will be refunded.”
The Evo 2020 line-up of games was confirmed last month, with Mortal Kombat 11 being the biggest snub, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 the biggest surprise.
Earlier this week, gamescom organisers also said that gamescom 2020, which takes place in late August, is not being cancelled.