Original Xbox exclusive and fan-favorite RTS action hybrid Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders has been released on Steam.
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders has been released for PC on Steam, and features visual improvements, full controller support, and new KBM mode.
Blueside’s port also supports widescreen HD and the metal soundtrack is still intact. Metal rules.
You can see some of the visual improvements made between the original Xbox version and the Steam release in the video below.
In the game, you will need to strategically improve and expand your forces using spells, special abilities, and equipment. You can even change your class depending upon your battle plan.
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders features
- Full controller support (gamepad is recommended for the optimal experience) plus an all-new mouse and keyboard mode.
- Revisit classic battlefields in widescreen HD.
- The thundering guitar soundtrack returns. Metal heavier than any knight’s plate.
- Adapt and survive on an ever-changing battlefield.
- Charge with the sun at your cavalry’s backs to blind your targets.
- Burn your enemy out of forests, or hide behind dense walls of smoke.
- Claim the high ground and crush your foes in the valleys below.
- High winds blow smoke and deflect arrows, and rain douses flame.
- Watch the skies; falling aerial units can make an impression on infantry.
- Close ranks in melee, and scatter your troops as artillery rains down.
If you enjoy the game and want more, the MMORPG RTS hybrid Kingdom Under Fire 2 was finally released in the west last year. It too is available through Steam.