Warhammer: Vermintide 2 has been updated with a new map that takes players of the original game back to Drachenfel.
Vermintide 2 players can enjoy the first Drachenfels map, Old Haunts, for free. It will be added to your game upon updating on Steam.
Besides Drachenfels, this is also the start of Season 2 for the game, which introduces Quick Play Weaves, Lohner’s Emporium of Wonders, and more. All are free downloads.
Lohner’s Emporium of Wonders is the new in-game shop where you can purchase cosmetics. Doing daily and weekly quests will reward you with the new in-game currency called Shillings, which can be spent on said cosmetics. The store will at launch contain hats and hero skins with more content added over time. Anyone in possession of one of the existing DLC will get “a one time bag of Shillings for each DLC” as well as additional Quests.
There will also be a few Premium Cosmetics available for purchase for real-world money as DLC through Steam. Fatshark said the premium items will help support continued development, and there are “far more cosmetics available to purchase with Shillings” than what is available on the DLC tab.
The update also introduces Quick-Play Weaves, which are new “and swifter” ways to play weaves. There will be separate queues divided into five difficulties and you can now join any you would like and the weaves are now also playable with bots. The team has also increased the amount of essence received upon completion of weaves and added a large essence bonus for completing a Quick-Play version.
Alongside the new content, the developer has also applied changes and fixed some issues with the Season 2 update since the content was in beta. Full patch notes for update 2.1.0 are below.
Vermintide 2 patch 2.1.0
Against the Grain
- Fixed an issue where a player who dies during the escape sequence respawns in an illogical location.
Convocation of Decay
- Fixed a patrol path to stop a particular patrol spawn from getting stuck.
- Fixed a location where enemies would do a long leap to players at a specific location instead of just pathing as expected,
- Players should now be able to complete “Feed Me Sinner!” on Cataclysm difficulty.
Fortunes of War
- Fixed a spot where players could mitigate enemy attacks entirely.
- Fix for lamp oil and explosive barrels (and general pickup tweaks).
- Fixed a situation where a player who died could respawn behind a closed door in the Gargoyle area.
- Fixed a few sticky spots where players could get stuck.
- Enemies can no longer phase through the closed tavern door in the village area.
- There was a particular place where bots loved to suicide. We gave them some jump assist in this area.
- Fixed a spot where the AI navmesh was floating ever so slightly above the terrain.
- Fixed a few hang-ledges so players don’t just drop off an edge to immediate death where intended.
- Changed how bar is filled to complete the Weaves, now objectives are always 80% of the bar and the rest of the 20% is collected by killing at least 80% enemies spawned by terror events (roamers are worth very little).
Enabled Bots for use in Quickplay Weaves.
General Tweaks, Fixes
- Various Kerillian and Kruber weapon illusions displayed the wrong illusions, most notable in first person – this has been corrected.
- Added a bit more constraint on random item drop locations on player death so they would be far less likely to clip into the floor and disappear.
- The painting selection UI now shows which paintings are in use throughout your Keep.
- Changed the Kill Critters quest so that critter kills are recorded for all players in the group not just the critter-killer.
- Complete 3 daily quests and “Complete the weekly event” will always be available each week.
- Changed weekly challenge requirements to always have the same requirement values, eg. if you get the painting scraps weekly event it should always be 10.
- Reduced the number of painting scraps required to complete the associated weekly quest to 10 from 10, 20, 30.
- Fix for darkness Weekly Event so that it doesn’t crash when closing the game or ending a mission.
- We fixed a crash caused by the game having a level selected that doesn’t exist in the build a player is playing on (such as when switching from beta to live after having played a beta mission).
- Fixed cases where completing a host migrated game would reload the level even after pressing “Back to Keep”.
Combat tweaks, Fixes
- Reduced the range of Ungors normal attacks and running attacks.
- Smiter stagger damage talent no longer prevents stagger damage on targets after the first. Damage will be calculated as normally.
- Witch-Hunt and similar effects (Blade Barrier, Hunter etc) now lasts up to 15 seconds (the full duration of the tag). Durations refresh should the target be tagged again. A tagged target can be tagged again to re-apply the debuff.
Fixed an issue where bleeding effects would not stacks properly (Witch Hunter Captain Flense, Waystalker Serrated Arrows).
- Cooldown reduction on attacking rebalanced – All non-melee attacks now only grant Career Skill cooldown on the first target hit. This has been problematic with the Battle Wizard and Shade careers primarily where they could use area damage ranged weapons (Conflagration/Fireball Staff and Hagbane Shortbow) to gain an extreme rate of career skill cooldown recovery. This change should tone down the outliers without significantly affecting other careers.
- We’ve looked to smooth out the reliability of the system which weighs enemy damage with enemy density.
Heleborgs’ Tutelage (Mercenary) and Smite (Zealot) will no longer have their critical strikes consumed by pushing.
Fixed huntsman longbow not triggering reload when the player gets interrupted during firing action, but before the reload event gets triggered
- Two-Handed Hammers – Light attack 1 weapon switch window start increased from 0.5 to 0.75 seconds.
- Two-Handed Hammers – Light attack 1 chain to Light attack 2 reduced from 0.85 to 0.7.
- Greataxe – Light attack 1 to light attack 2 chain window has been reduced from 0.7 to 0.65.
- Greataxe – Light attack 2 to light attack 3 chain window has been reduced from 0.65 to 0.6.
- Beamstaff – Stopped resetting beam staff hit counter if player hits environment, still resets if player hits an enemy (dead or alive)
- Tuskgor Spear – Reduced the push power from a heavy (think shield weapons) to a medium push (think 2h hammers).
- Huntsman Longbow – was not triggering reload when the player gets interrupted during firing action, but before the reload event gets triggered. Fixeeeddd.
- Battle Wizard
- Fires From Ash – Now has a 0.5 second internal cooldown.
- Kaboom! – No longer triggers the improved explosion at Siennas starting position.
- Kaboom! – Reduced the radius of the improved explosion from 8 to 5.