PlayStation’s long-used slogan “For The Players” could be on the way out.
Throughout this past console generation, PlayStation has used slogans including “For the Players” and “Best Place to Play”. The “It’s time to play” tagline has been used previously in advertising but hasn’t reached full slogan status. So is this yet another sign of an impending PS5 reveal? Well, any changes to official PlayStation social pages could be significant given we’re expecting the new console to be revealed soon. Or, you know, utterly insignificant and totally meaningless.
Rumours are rumours. PlayStation’s change in slogan was predicted by the notorious 4chan in a since-deleted PS5 info leak last week, and as usual with leaks like this it is worth taking with a grain of salt. We’ve included the highlights from that post below.
- PS5 reveal event set for 5th February 2020
- PS5 release date is in October 2020
- PS5 price is $499/£449, only one model
- PS5 launch games include: Gran Turismo 7, MLB The Show 21, Demon’s Souls Remastered, Godfall, Legendz (new IP from Sony Santa Monica Studio)
- Games teased at PS5 reveal: Horizon: Zero Dawn sequel, Marvel’s Spider-Man sequel, new sci-fi IP from Naughty Dog, new IP from SIE Japan, new IP from London Studio, Final Fantasy XVI, new Resident Evil
- PS5 specs “almost on par” with Xbox Series X, leak claims Series X is more expensive, PS5 more powerful than cheaper Xbox “Lockhart”
- PS5 slogan is “It’s time to play”
The PS5 launches sometime this year – but don’t expect a reveal at E3 2020, Sony already confirmed it won’t be coming. In the meantime, here is everything we know about the console so far.