The new Fortnite update introduces the Battle Lab.
Fortnite just received patch v11.31 on all platforms. Epic Games is no longer sharing specific patch notes, but the developer added a new feature worth highlighting.
Enter Battle Lab, a custom mode creator that allows players to come up with their own rules, including the ability to modify parameters like gravity and other factors beyond what you typically see in Fortnite’s limited time modes.
You’re even able to spawn in bots using the new Bot Grenade, and play around with the loot pools.
Since creators get their own island to experiment on, they’re able to invite up to 15 friends in a locally-hosted version, or take it to public matchmaking. Unfortunately, public matchmaking limits your Battle Lab to the default options.
As you might have already surmised, this is a more controlled environment compared to Battlegrounds. That mode has not been removed, but will now instead be found under Creative, given its more free-form nature.
Update 11.31 also made a few general fixes, which you can read below:
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- The Fire/Build button on mobile devices is no longer unavailable when the Glider Redeploy button is shown.
- Resolved an issue involving players being unable to exit the HUD Layout Tool on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving being able to see the Edit option on enemy walls.
- The “Eliminations without aiming down sights” Dive! Challenge is now tracking progress properly.
- Resolved an issue involving the “Join Party” option through “Joinable Parties” not working on controller.
- The Item Shop countdown timer no longer appears out of sync for different players.
- Resolved stability issues.