Digital Extremes has released Empyrean, Warframe’s new four-player co-op battleship experience.
Taking you to new places on Earth, Saturn, and Veil Proxima, Warframe Empyrean finds players fighting in fast-paced, cooperative, realtime spaceship battles.
Along with Empyrean’s arrival on PCs today, Warframe Rising Tide is available now on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Players can now download the update and immediately began researching and building their Dry Docks and Railjacks.
Here’s more on the new expansion straight from the developers.
On the precipice of The New War, veterans and new players alike will find themselves playing closely together using high-level cooperation and communication skills. Whether it’s blasting hordes of opponent Fighters and Crewships, or shooting like a bullet from the Archwing Cannon into enemy vessels to commandeer or destroy them, players will wield new upgradeable offensive firepower. But to succeed, Railjack squads will need both offense and defense. The working Railjack vessel takes damage, requires resources to keep ammo flowing, and will need players’ coordinated attention, from dousing fires and welding hull holes to combating enemy boarding parties.
Empyrean Highlights Include:
- Welcome to the Railjack: Empyrean puts players at the helm of the Sigma Series Railjack battleship. This ultra powerful ship is upgradeable, customizable, and the centerpiece for all future Empyrean space missions, battles and Cinematic Quests.
- Getting the Team Together: This phase of Empyrean is designed and optimized as a cooperative experience. Solo players will still be able to enjoy Empyrean, but the difficulty and progression is balanced around full crews. The year 2020 will bring enhanced solo capabilities and more surprises.
- Free Flight: Intimidated? Don’t be. Try out the Railjack in Free Flight Mode. Learn the basics without engaging in battle and then join a squad when you’re ready.
- Railjack Powers: The Railjack itself provides incredibly diverse options to counter Grineer assailants. With constantly updated technology like Cloaking Fields and Void Holes to be earned, and special moves like “Juke” to out-maneuver enemies, players will earn powerful moves as they progress.
- Warframe Powers: Aboard the Railjack in combat, players also have a wealth of fantasy-fulfilling options at hand. They can jettison into battle using Archwings to infiltrate enemy ships or shoot from “Archwing cannons” to annihilate smaller ships. Using the Tactics map, Tenno can tap into on-board Warframe Abilities and cast them where needed. They direct their teammates to attend crises, welding hull holes or confronting a boarding party, and they can teleport from location to location, whether it’s on board the Raijack or an enemy vessel.
New Upgradeable systems
From choosing simple Railjack aesthetics like ship names, colors and skins, to constructing weapons, armor and powers, Empyrean’s new upgrade systems are deep and powerful. They include:
- With the totally new “Intrinsics” feature, players will experience a new reliable RPG progression system. By playing through missions and earning Intrinsics points, Tenno build their own player ranked skills
- These are the vessel’s upgradable ‘powers’. They comprise Battle, Integrated, and Tactical types and they work like Warframe Abilities
- Building the Dry Dock and Railjack can be accomplished using resources obtained for free in-game or in the Warframe Marketplace.
Components: Guns, Engines, Reactors, and Shields
- AKA weaponry, are different firepower types
For more details on all ship systems, be sure to hit up the official website.