The Fortnite v11.20 patch is now available across all platforms, bringing with it new Daily Challenges and some new information about Chapter 2: Season 1.
Alongside the new patch, it was announced that Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 1 will run until February 2020. There will be a festive update as we near December, but this Season will carry on beyond the new year. In previous seasons, there were 14 days of Overtime Challenges, whereas Season 1 is set to be considerably longer.
The Bandage Bazooka finally makes a comeback this week after a previously poor performance. The Snowman set has also been added and you can create some wintery scenes for the #FrostyFortnite competition. You can submit your winter wonderland creations here.
Daily Challenges have been added into the mix and there will be three available at a time. You’ll also be able to replace one challenge for another once per day.
There have been various other fixes to the Magma Wrap, inventory selections and damage scaling, which you can check out below.
Fortnite Battle Royale
- Daily Challenges are back and can be completed for XP!
- Up to three at a time are available, and once a day you can replace a Challenge for another.
- In the Locker, you can now filter your items by the Season they were introduced in.
- To filter your items by Season, enter the Season name in the search bar. Use terms like “season 5,” “season x,” “chapter 2 season 1,” etc.
- You can now adjust the UI contrast.
- To adjust the UI contrast, use the User Interface Contrast setting in the Graphics section of the Video settings.
- Added a Tutorial playlist for the mobile version of Fortnite.
- Added Microsoft DirectX 12 support to the PC version of Fortnite.
- To use Microsoft DirectX 12, select it in the Advanced Graphics section of the Video settings.
- Adjusted the headshot multiplier of the Tactical Shotgun so it’s now in line with the headshot multiplier of the Pump Shotgun.
- Increased the Effective Health (sum of Health + Shield) given from Slurp Tankers.
- Bug fixes:
- Resolved syncing issues involving the Bandage Bazooka. (Because these have been resolved, the Bandage Bazooka has been re-enabled.)
- Addressed reports of hitching on mobile devices.
- Resolved the equipped item slot being the selection slot when players open the inventory.
- Addressed reports of buildings sometimes appearing low-detailed on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as players land on the map.
- The hair of the Devastator Outfit now appears the intended color.
- The John Wick Outfit’s Pistol no longer appears larger than intended.
- The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on everything except the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- It will appear correctly on these weapons in a future release.
Where to find the Fortnite letters
- Where to find the letter F
- Where to find the letter O
- Where to find the letter R
- Where to find the letter T
- Where to find the letter N
You can also check out our other Fortnite Chapter 2 guides such as where to find E.G.O. Outposts, how to upgrade your equipment and where to find the boat launch, coral cave and flopper pond.