A patch addressing crashing issues across all platforms has released for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The playlist has also seen an update.
Latest update: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch 1.05 is out now and is around 2-3GB in size for PS4 and Xbox One players and 7GB on PC. The patch notes aren’t available yet, but you can keep up with the latest updates here.
Previous update: Despite assurances from Infinity Ward that a fix is on the way, Modern Warefare continues to unexpectedly crash for Xbox One players. In a tweet shortly after launch, Infinity Ward said that it was working closely with Microsoft to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
We are seeing a small number of Xbox One X players experience crashes with Modern Warfare. We are already working on a fix. Thanks for your patience and feedback. We will keep you posted.
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) October 25, 2019
While some players are reporting their Xbox One has bricked, others are suggesting a potential fix that could stop your Xbox One from crashing. You can try moving Modern Warfare and all its content onto an HDD to improve performance. You can do so by accessing the Manage Game option by pressing the menu button then selecting move all to store it on another storage device.
We’ll update this page with any patches or fixes from Infinity Ward once they are released. If you are still experiences issues, your best bet is to contact Infinity Ward via the Reddit page.
Original Story: Infinity Ward has released a small patch to fix some of the issues reported with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
While some fixes are platform-specific, one of the fixes applied addresses crashing with all editions.
The patch also fixes a bug which allowed players to earn more points in a specific scenario and ADS has been improved when using scopes on Xbox One.
An update to the playlist was also applied. You will now find the addition of FFA, Turning on Ground War and the removal of 10v10 Domination from Aniyah.
Patch notes are below.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Title Update
- Backend fixes to help prevent against crashing across all platforms – if you experience a crash, please let us know
- Fix for a bug where players could earn more points when shooting specific vehicles while having Pointman equipped
- Improved ADS while using weapons without scopes on Xbox
- In some instances, some players were not able to complete the Highway mission due to an exfil bug
- Fix for the “Best of the Best” challenge not tracking progress
- Fix for the “Elite Sniper” challenge not displaying the correct description
- Fix for various camos not unlocking during progression
- Fix for the unlock criteria for the “Double Cross” reticle not progressing past 4
- Fix for the description and requirements needed to unlock some optic scopes in Gunsmith
- Fix for an exploit in Gunsmith when using mouse and keyboard
- Dev Error 6065: We’re currently working on a fix for this and appreciate your patience. Lowering your graphics settings can help in the meantime.
- Dev Error 6165: Players encountering this issue should try a ‘Scan and Repair’ through the Battle.net application. If this isn’t successful, a full reinstall might fix the issue.