Destiny’s PvP-only Iron Banner event starts later today at the reset and there’s brand new Pinnacle gear to get your hands on.
In the most recent This Week at Bungie blog post, the developer confirmed that the first Iron Banner in Season of the Undying starts begins today.
The event kicks off at 10 am PT, 1 pm ET, 6 pm BST with the weekly reset and will be available until the following Tuesday, October 22. As Bungie previously detailed, Iron Banner is among the seasonal events available to all Destiny 2 players, including, of course, free-to-play.
Iron Banner, for those unfamiliar, is a Crucible PvP event where the main gimmick is that weapon and gear level advantages are enabled. In typical Crucible modes, the game automatically balances everyone’s gear and weapons out so players with high-powered builds don’t dominate.
It’s all fair game in Iron Banner, though. Just like every event, there’s a new Iron Will armour set available for all three classes that you can earn if you grind the event.
Speaking of which, grinding is going to work a little differently this time around. There’s now a seasonal pursuit that you need to complete before you can turn in tokens to Lord Saladin for packages.
Here’s how that works:
- The pursuit is character-based and rewards the new Season 8 armor set.
- Each step of the pursuit awards Iron Banner weapons or armor.
- Most of the objectives within the pursuit track progress at any point during Season of the Undying, even if you have not yet acquired the pursuit.
- Until the seasonal pursuit has been completed, all rewards will be obtained from completing matches and bounties.
- All rewards are weapons until the Seasonal pursuit is complete.
- The existing seven bounties that offered powerful rewards have been adjusted to offer Pinnacle rewards (960 Power max,) but only four are available per event.
Now that the Garden of Salvation raid is complete, it’s time to tackle the Eyes on the Moon quest and unlock the Vex Offensive. For more Shadowkeep guides, check out our pages on how to get the Deathbringer Exotic Rocket Launcher and Divinity Exotic Trace Rifle, how to complete the Nightmare Essence Cleansing and how to get Phantasmal Fragments, Cores, and access Nightmare Hunts.