Fire up your copy of Borderlands 3 because there’s a new update coming today.
Gearbox Software is releasing both a patch and a hotfix forÂ Borderlands 3Â on all platforms.
Set to release on or before 3pm PDT, 6pm EDT, 11pm BST today, the updateÂ addressing a number of reported concerns. One is a fix totheÂ Â infinite loop which could occur when hitting the Guardian Rank experience ceiling.
Other changes include some character balancing.Â According to Gearbox, it has noticed some skills have been “outperforming” others, so it made adjustments toÂ FL4K and Moze.
Another balance change was implemented due to player concerns over enemy behavior. A few of the boss fights have been balanced in order to make “combat more enjoyable.” As far as enemy behavior, the studio found that said behavior could affect mission progression so some attacks were adjusted to “happen with more frequency.”
Notes for the update and hotfix are below.
Borderlands 3 patch 1.03, October 3 hotfix
- Addressed a reported issue where an infinite loop could occur when hitting the Guardian Rank experience ceiling
GENERAL FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- TheÂ Hollow PointÂ Guardian Rank skill no longer damages allies
- Hollow PointÂ Guardian Rank skill has been re-enabled
- Addressed a reported issue where some players were unable to unlock theÂ Ultimate Vault HunterÂ achievement on Xbox
- Addressed a reported issue where mouse functionality may have been lost when hot joining a friendâ€™s session on PC
- Addressed a reported issue where some playersâ€™ inventory would not be saved in their bank
VAULT HUNTER ADJUSTMENTS
Developer notes: Rakk Attack!Â is great for constant damage output, especially when paired with Anointed gear. The base skill still seems to be lacking, soÂ Rakk Attack!Â now has a guaranteed status effect on any enemy that it damages.Â Leave No TraceÂ was returning much more ammo than intended, and we have added a re-trigger delay to keep its ammo return within expectation.Â Barbaric YawpÂ has an increased bonus, as we didnâ€™t feel that the amount of investment had an equal payoff. In addition, we felt that FL4Kâ€™s pets were demanding too much attention, which was interfering with players trying to stand still for any length of time, so we disabled the ability for them to move you around.
- Rakk Attack!Â status effect chance as been increased to 100%.
- Leave No TraceÂ now has a re-trigger delay of 2 seconds
- Barbaric YawpÂ stat bonus increased by 100%
- Pets no longer push around player characters
- â€śTouch Petâ€ť prompt is now a lower priority and should no longer interfere with looting or vending machines
Developer notes: Infinite Grenades is not an intentional build for Mozeâ€”even if it is hilarious. To lower the power (and spam) of this build, a re-trigger delay has been added to the grenade portion ofÂ Means of Destruction.
- Means of DestructionÂ now has a re-trigger delay of 2 seconds
- Adjusted the balance of Gigamind, Katagawa Ball, and Billy the Anointed
Developer notes:Â These three boss fights had concerns with their health and shields that made their combat loops more difficult than we intended. Gigamind had a little too much health, so that was reduced slightly. Katagawa Ball will no longer regenerate its shields; we found that while players contended with the adds during the fight, it would unfairly regenerate its shield, negating the playersâ€™ progress. Finally, Billy had 25% of his health removed; we agree that this fight often dragged on needlessly. We will be monitoring each of these bosses and may make further adjustments in the future.
- Bloated Rakks no longer spawn so many Rakklesnakes
Developer notes: This change should make the Cistern of Slaughter in particular much more fun.
- Adjusted the cooldown values when they are displayed for Zaneâ€™s skills
- Amaraâ€™sÂ GlamourÂ will now turn enemies on each other, as described in the Action Skill
- Modified the loot spawn for Sera of Supremacy
- Spiderant Emperors occasionally wouldnâ€™t drill back out of the ground, which created a potential progression blocker in the Proving Ground of Survival; we have adjusted this and the issue has been addressed
- Resolved an issue that could have prevented enemies from spawning while in Devilâ€™s Razor
- Lavender Crawlyâ€™s physics were adjusted to prevent them exiting the world like a popped balloon
- Further safe guarded Apollo from being launched out of world as well
- The Rampager will no longer enter an idle at state at inappropriate times
- Saurian Slingers attacks were addressed
- Guardians now use all their attacks in Playthrough 2
- Guardian Wraiths now reliably use all their ranged attacks
- NPCs in the Slaughter maps were reported to sometimes attempt to automatically revive players in the arena. Going forward they will no longer attempt to revive players
- Minimized the glow effect when opening Eridian ammo chests, can more easily see the ammo inside when opened