Gearbox has rolled out a new Borderlands 3 hotfix that mostly makes balance adjustments.
Borderlands 3‘s first major hotfix is here on all platforms. Hotfixes are smaller patches that you can only take after launching the game and being on the main menu, and they usually take care of smaller issues in between the bigger client patches.
The September 19 hotfix’s first major act is fixing the loot exploit that relied on farming Loot Tinks at a particular area of the game. Gearbox also reduced the number of loot drops in Mayhem modes in general.
Other balance changes include nerfing the Torgue shotgun sticky damage, and reducing the amount of loot Chupacabratch drops. The hotfix also introduces a few fixes to some bugs, but nothing too massive. Gearbox is still working to evaluate solutions for performance issues and other problems, though fixes for these are expected in major patches.
“We are aware that the below list does not include issues that the community is immediately concerned with,” Gearbox wrote.
Read on below for the full change log.
- Yellow paint has been added to Ambermire to mark a more obvious path to complete the Sabotage Crew Challenge.
- The New-U Station in front of the Halcyon Suborbital Spaceport (used during the “Space-Laser Tag” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The New-U Station in front of Titian’s Gate (used during the “Atlas, At Last” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The first Guardian a player runs into during the “Beneath the Meridian” mission is no longer over-leveled.
- The Eridian chest by the Grotto in the Jakob’s Estate is no longer invisible.
- Eridium crystals in Voracious Canopy grow less frequently.
- Scaled down the amount of loot drops in Mayhem Mode.
- Torgue shotgun sticky damage has been reduced.
- Reduced E-Tech shotgun elemental damage from “flesh off your bones” to “a lot”.
- Chupacabratch dropped too much of his hard-earned loot.
- Adjusted spawn rate of Loot Tinks in Mansion. They’re special again.
- Removed pain-sounds from Troy for his boss fight.
Be sure to check out our updated Borderlands 3 guides. We recently added a full guide on Typhon Logs and Dead Drop chests, and continue to add more weapon guides, such as these for how to find the Porcelain Pipe Bomb, the Storm Front Legendary grenade and the Conference Call Legendary shotgun.