Castle Crashers Remastered has a release date for Switch.
The Behemoth has announced it will release Castle Crashers Remastered on Nintendo Switch September 17.
Also announced for PlayStation 4, the plan is to release it shortly after the Switch version.
Already available on Xbox One, the remastered version of the original Castle Crashers is playable online or in local co-op.
If you haven’t played the remastered version before, a list of features is below.
Castle Crashers Remastered
- A multiplayer mini-game called “Back Off Barbarian” that’s frantic and weird.
- Texture sizes of the game are five times the texture size of the original game.
- Runs at 60 frames per second. The original ran at 30 frames per second.
- All previously released downloadable content such as characters, weapons, and animal orbs.
- Various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer.
- Nintendo Switch has HD Rumble, Switch Online, handheld mode, and 4 player local Joy-Con support.
- PS4 version will show your affinity color by utilizing the DualShock 3’s lightbar.
At launch, the full game will be available for purchase digitally on the Nintendo eShop for $14.99 or your regional equivalent.
Since its initial release in 2008, Castle Crashers has sold more than 20 million copies across all platforms.