It’s time for another Brawl Stars update and a new Brawler has been added into the mix.
Supercell has added a new Brawler into Brawl Stars called 8-BIT. He looks like a cute little arcade machine wielding a laser. 8-BIT has high health and damage, so to combat this he’s quite slow and easily caught.
His stats are quite impressive, so let’s take a look at what you can expect from playing as 8-BIT.
Brawl Stars: 8-BIT Brawler stats
His main attack is Blaster Beams, where he fires his laser in bursts. His super ability is the Damage Booster, where he deploys a structure that boosts all teammates main and super attack damage by 30% when in the area of effect.
8-BIT’s star power is Boosted Booster, where the damage booster radius is increased by 50%, making him a small but formidable opponent.
He’ll be getting a follow-up star power in future updates called Extra life where 8-BIT will respawn instantly once per game, though not in Big Game.
Players who have surpassed the 6000 Trophy mark on the Trophy Road will have 8-BIT automatically added to their collection in this update, which is handy; otherwise, you’ll need to open Brawl Boxes to find him.
His classic skin, which has a bit of a SNES vibe, will set you back 30 Gems, so you might want to hold on to your Gems for that.
Brawl Stars: Brawler balance and changes
Alongside the new addition, there have been some Brawler nefs and buffs in the latest update which you can check out below.
- Gene: Changed Gene’s Star Power Pat on the Back to Spirit Slap. Spirit Slap: When Gene’s Super is fully charged he does +300 damage with his main attack.
- Carl: Increased main attack projectile speed by 8%. Increased Shield from Protective Pirouette Star Power from 30% to 40%.
- Colt: Increased Speed buff from Slick Boots Star Power from 8% to 10%.
- Pam: Increased Damage per second from Mama’s Squeeze Star Power from 300 to 500. Increased Healing from Mama’s Hug Star Power from 30 to 40.
- Bo: Increased visibility bonus from Circling Eagle Star Power from 2 tiles to 3 tiles.
- Brock: Increased damage per second from Incendiary Star Power from 300 to 400.
- Tick: Increased main attack mine explosion radius by 11%.
- El Primo: Increased damage from El Fuego Star Power from 800 to 1000.
- Frank: Increased health from Sponge Star Power from 1000 to 1100.
- Rosa: Increased health from 5000 to 5200.
- Spike: Increased Healing per second from Fertilize Star Power from 500 to 600.
- Tara: Healing Shade Star Power pet no longer heals brawlers that have full health. Increased health for Black Portal Star Power pet from 2400 to 3000.
- Bibi: Increased Shield from Battling Stance Star Power from 30% to 40%.
- Leon: Increased Healing per second from Invisiheal Star Power from 600 to 800.
- Shelly: Band-aid now heals for 2000 health instead of giving full health.
- Mortis: Decreased range increase from Coiled Snake Star Power from 100% to 75%.
- Poco: Decreased damage from Screeching Solo Star Power from 1200 to 1000.
- Darryl: Decreased Shield from Steel Hoops Star Power from 30% to 25%. Both shotguns now shoot bullets from the middle of the Brawler (both shots have the same pattern now).
- Piper: Decreased bullets gained from Snappy Sniping Star Power from 0.5 to 0.4. Increased bonus damage from Ambush Star Power from 400 to 500.