Are you looking to unlock all the lockers, find all the safe combinations, and pop open the portable safes in Resident Evil 2 Remake? This “accessible” guide has you covered.
One of the first puzzles you come up against in the Resident Evil 2 Remake asks you to unlock Leon’s desk, so let’s start there, shall we?
Resident Evil 2 Remake – unlocking Leon’s desk
You’ll see a note stuck on Leon’s desk, telling you his new colleagues have locked it and the solution is their initials. What might throw you off is the fact that police call each other by their surnames, but you need to use their forename for this.
- To unlock the right hand side, use the code: MRG.
You figure this out by looking at the other police desks to the right and checking out the name cards: Marvin Branagh (M), Rita Phillips (R), and then George Scott (G), whose name plaque has been knocked onto the floor.
- To unlock the left side of Leon’s desk, use the code: NED.
The logic is exactly the same as the last one, with David Ford (D) and Elliot Edward (E) giving you two of the three solutions, but remember that you’ll have to enter the names the other way around to make NED.
If you’re playing as Leon, you’ll get a High Capacity Magazine for your pistol. If you’re playing as Claire, you get a Speed Reloader for your revolver.
Resident Evil 2 Remake locker combinations
- 3rd Floor Locker: DCM
- 2nd Floor Shower Room Locker: CAP
- Upper Sewer Control Room Locker – SZF
Resident Evil 2 Remake safe combinations
- West Office, 1st Floor Safe Combination: left 9, right 15, left 7 – gives you a Hip Pouch
- East Wing Waiting Room Safe Combination: left 6, right 2, left 11 – gives a Muzzle Brake for Leon, or an Extended Mag for Claire.
- Treatment Pool Room Safe Combination: Left 2, right 12, left 8 – Shotgun Stock for Leon, Hip Pouch for Claire.
Resident Evil 2 Portable Safes
Unlocking these will give you spare keys for the keypad in the Safety Deposit Room, allowing you to get a Hip Pouch and a bunch of consumables. Here’s where you can find them:
- Shower Room locker Portable Safe
- Linen Room Portable Safe
- Portable Safe Interrogation Room
- Linen Room Portable Safe
To solve these, you need to click the buttons so they trigger the lights in a counter-clockwise sequence. It doesn’t matter where you start, so long as the next light from the button you press is next to the one you just triggered. You can’t fail these, so just have a play around until you see which button controls which lights, then work out the best sequence.
For more guides, take a look at our full Resident Evil 2 Remake guide page, complete with walkthroughs and video guides.