Days of War developer Driven Arts has announced the game will leave Early Access and release in early 2020.
Early Access title Days of War has been in development for quite a while, but the World War 2 shooter has a release window in sight.
The team based, close quarters multiplayer game features over 12 maps with theatres in Italy, Africa and the Eastern front.
Players will choose between four factions and make use of 60 different weapons in 32-player battles. A matchmaking system is in place, and players can locally test their skills against multiplayer bots before jumping into 6v6 or other modes.
Days of War will also feature a Map Editor and Steam Workshop support.
The game has been on hiatus recently while the developers worked on polishing, and developing content that will be made available upon release. A list of key updates, which will be included in the release, is below.
- 10 new maps and 2 rebuilt maps, including 3 new theaters of war (Italy, Africa, Eastern front)
- 2 new factions and 40 weapons added
- Major optimization across all hardware
- Redesigned recoil and movement mechanics
- Added Multiplayer bots with local practice mode
- Added Map Editor and Steam Workshop support
- Redesigned graphics, UI and HUD
- Added classes with customizable loadouts
- Added dynamic bullet penetration based on thickness and material type
- Improved shot feedback
After going into Early Access, it quickly proved popular on Steam with “tens of thousands of downloads” and folks adding it to their wishlists.