The leaks were correct, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is indeed hosting a multiplayer beta soon.
At today’s big Modern Warfare multiplayer reveal, Infinity Ward confirmed that the game is getting its own open beta test.
In addition to unveiling the game’s multiplayer today, Infinity Ward announced dates for the open beta. It will feature crossplay testing on Weekend 2.
If you want in on the beta, pre-order now and you’ll get early access. The schedule is below.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer beta
PlayStation 4 Exclusive Beta
- September 12 -13 (Early Access, PlayStation 4)
- September 14 – 16 (Open Beta, PlayStation 4)
Beta featuring crossplay testing
- September 19 – 20 (Early Access, PC and Xbox One; Open Beta, PlayStation 4)
- September 21 – 23 (Open Beta, PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox One)
The multiplayer in Modern Warfare covers everything from close-quarters 2 vs. 2 experiences in Gunfight, to traditional 6v6 multiplayer modes. It also supports 10v10, 20v20, and the new Ground War which is a large-scale mode supporting more than 100-players.
You will also be able to outfit your operators using various customization and modifiable options in the new Gunsmith system.
Here’s a breakdown of the multiplayer.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer
- Players will jump into a broad selection of new play spaces that redefine the Call of Duty Sandbox, including tight, close-quarters 2v2 experiences, along with large combat maps that support a wide array of play styles and larger player counts.
- Fans of the series will find a breadth of modes to choose from, including classics like Team Deathmatch, Domination and Headquarters, as well as new modes adding depth to the traditional multiplayer experience. Among others, new modes include Cyber Attack, a new spin on Search and Destroy, Ground War, the epic large-scale mode supporting more than 100 players and Gunfight, the quick-action, close quarters duo-based combat
- Gameplay mechanics including bullet penetration, gun mounting, door breaching and Multiplayer maps featuring night vision goggles (NVGs), allow for an unprecedented tactical experience for players.
- Modern Warfare offers best-in-class down the barrel gameplay, along with realistic gun mechanics with an immersive & impactful sound & feel that creates a new sensation of precision & authenticity.
- With a complete weapon overhaul and more customization than ever before, Modern Warfare players will be able to outfit their Multiplayer Operators with all the best gear and weaponry for every combat encounter, with unprecedented customization and modifiability in the new Gunsmith system.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare releases for PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 25.