As we approach the launch of Remedy’s Control, the developer has published the game’s requirements on PC.
As it often goes, we have two sets of requirements for Control, one minimum and another recommended, though sadly neither point out resolution or framerate targets.
What’s interesting about Control’s specs is that Remedy specified two GPUs for those interested in turning on ray tracing effects – which the game supports. The low-end option being an RTX 2060, with RTX 2080 reserved for the high-end.
Outside of that, most of what’s there is pretty standard for big games, though the recommended specs’ GPU may be a bit too high for some. Read it all below:
Control PC minimum specs
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 / AMD Ryzen 3 1300X or better
- GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 / AMD RX580 or better
- Ray tracing: Geforce RTX 2060
- RAM: 8GB
Control PC recommended specs
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 7 2700X or better
- GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti / AMD Radeon 7 or better
- Ray tracing: Geforce RTX 2080
- RAM: 16GB
Remedy recently described Control as having a “Dark Souls vibe”, and that’s certainly what James felt when he played a fresh build of the game recently.
Control is out August 27 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.