Ubisoft has announced new details of its first episode of free content The Division 2.
The Division 2: Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions will be available for Year 1 Pass holders starting July 23.
All players can grab the content on July 30.
Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions is part of the game’s year one free content plan. It features new locations to explore and picks up where the story leaves off after the final boss at Tidal Basin.
Players will be taken to the surrounding areas of Washington DC in two new main missions.
Ubisoft provided a breakdown of what to expect when the content drops.
The Division 2: Episode 1 – DC Outskirts: Expeditions
Two New Main Missions
- Camp White Oak: Division Agents stage a well-planned attack into the presidential compound, as they seek to bring the now-traitor President Andrew Ellis to justice.
- Manning National Zoo: Emeline Shaw, leader of the Outcasts, fled after her defeat in D.C. and is now held up at the Zoo regaining strength. Agents are on the hunt to eliminate Shaw, nipping the Outcasts’ reawakening in the bud.
New experience: Expeditions
- Players enter Kenly College, where contact has been lost with a military convoy full of vital supplies. When they receive what appears to be a final broadcast, they form an expedition to find any surviving members in need of rescue.
- Expeditions will be split in three different wings for players to complete. Each wing will have a specific theme and tone, to be released on a week-by-week basis. Completing all three wings grants access to an exclusive treasure room full of rewards.
New Weapons and Gear
- One exotic weapon: Diamondback Rifle
- One exotic gear: BTSU Datagloves
- Two weapons: Stoner LMG and Carbine 7
- Agents can take on two new classified assignments in Washington’s Central Aquarium and NSA Site B13 (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders).
Alongside new content, Episode 1 will also include the following updates:
New Discovery Difficulty setting for the “Operation Dark Hours” Raid
- The new Discovery Difficulty setting, along with its corresponding matchmaking option, will allow more players to experience The Division 2 in its entirety. While Operation Dark Hours Exotic loot remains exclusive to the Normal difficulty setting, Agents playing the Discovery Difficulty can expect a variety of great rewards, while training for the Normal Difficulty.
- Players can now craft their gear up until Gear Score 500 and share blueprints across characters. Additionally, crafted weapons can now be recalibrated.
Weapons balancing and skills buff
- As part of the ongoing updates to answer community feedback, awaited balance and buffs will be added to the next title update.
Full details on everything included with the Year 1 Pass can be found at the link.