Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 players can now participate in the latest Operation called Apocalypse Z.
During yesterday’s livestream, Treyarch outlined what to expect with the new season kicking off with Operation Apocalypse Z.
The new content includes Specialist “Reaper” along with three multiplayer maps, a new atmosphere for the Blackout map, and new customization items and gear.
Players will also return to the Aether story in the new Zombies Experience, Alpha Omega.
Operation Apocalypse Z’s free, new content includes the following, per Activision:
- New Blackout Updates – As the Zombie apocalypse has begun, sunny skies have departed in favor of something more un-deadly in the main Blackout map. Zombies have leeched most of the life from the landscape forcing the alive to take refuge and survive through a deep fog and familiar Zombies sights and sounds. Additionally, the Alcatraz map debuts a nighttime atmospheric change complete with new Zombie enemies. Coming later in the Operation, brand-new Zombie-themed Blackout modes will also debut in the game, including Pandemic and Alcatraz Horde.
- New Specialist – Available now in both Multiplayer and Blackout, Reaper makes its Black Ops 4 debut. Reaper wields the Scythe, a high-powered, two-handed minigun unleashing heavy gunfire. This Specialist is also equipped with a Radar Shroud that prohibits enemies from using their minimap and deploys a scrambling device to block out areas on enemies’ minimap.
- New Black Market Gear – The Black Market now has a variety of new Zombie-themed Specialist outfits and personalization items, weapon camos and gestures for Operation Apocalypse Z. This includes new weapons like the Reaver C86 Crossbow, Black Ops 3’s Argus Shotgun, Daemon 3XB Mastercraft, MOG 12 MKll and Vendetta MKll.
- New Zombies Features – Operation Apocalypse Z introduces new Perks and Elixirs across all Zombies maps, providing new variations on gameplay once they’re equipped and activated.
In addition to the free content, owners of the Black Ops Pass can access more new content. It’s available first on PlayStation 4 and will arrive on PC and Xbox One once the exclusivity period ends.
- New Multiplayer Map, Der Schatten– A snowy map set in a village high in the Austrian Alps that sits in the shadows of the castle from the Aether story Zombies experience, “Der Eisendrache.” Combat takes place in a combination of bright and dark areas pushing player to fight in close quarters.
- New Multiplayer Map, Remnant – A large-sized map set in the “The Museum of Unnatural History” deep in the Louisiana marshes where historical relics thirst for chaos and blood. Complete with a portal that can transport players to opposite sides of the map, Remnant is structured for mid-ranged combat where longer sightlines flank the exterior of the museum.
- Remastered Multiplayer Map, Havana– Re-imagined from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, Havana is a medium-sized map set in a sunny Cuban city during the Cold War tensions. The map is designed in a Z-shape resulting in a combination of close and long-ranged firefights.
- New Zombies Experience, Alpha Omega – Continuing the Aether storyline, Alpha Omega lets players jump in as the original, fan-favorite Zombies characters from both the Primis and Ultimis cast, playable together for the first time ever. This allows players to gain new insight into the ever-twisting story as the timelines converge. Players will fight off hordes of new Zombie enemies, solve challenges, and discover new Easter eggs.
More information on the latest update can be found over on the Treyarch Blog.