Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a hard game, but if you’ve memorized every boss pattern and crave an extra challenge, someone’s created a mod that replaces Sekiro’s combat systems with those from Bloodborne.
Bloodborne Combat, available on NexusMods, makes a number of changes to Sekiro’s combat systems:
- Block/deflect no longer prevents damager
- Dash is required to prevent damage
- Use dash instead of jump to dodge sweep attacks
- Use dash instead of Mikiri counter to avoid thrust attacks
- Removes perilous attack alerts
- Rally back your health after taking damage by dealing vitality damage to an enemy
Here’s a video of the mod in action:
Bloodborne Combat also grants players the Bell Demon, a quick item that removes the difficulty spike caused by ringing the Demon Bell, at the start of the game. The mod also includes Bloodborne’s rallying system, which allows you to regain health within five seconds of taking damage if you can successfully land a hit on an enemy that damages them.
If you’re looking for even more challenge (because masochism is your middle name), you can try completing the game with only prosthetics.