Contra Anniversary Collection is now available, and Contra: Rogue Corps. is coming to consoles and PC in September.
Konami announced the return of the Contra franchise to console and PC today with Contra: Rogue Corps.
Set several years after the events of the Alien Wars, Rogue Corps. follows a former military group “living on the fringes” as bounty hunters and treasure seekers in the Damned City.
The twin stick, third-person action game will feature various missions in PvE campaigns, and the need to gather resources to upgrade your weapons.
Contra: Rogue Corps. key features
- Action shooter with fast-paced, run & gun style gameplay
- Choose from four diverse characters with their own unique skills and specialty attacks – determine weapons load out, customize and craft unique weapons and create a perfect symphony of destruction throughout the Damned City
- Operation Room – Upgrade characters and abilities, augmenting each with improved organs and cybernetics
- PvE – Deep single player Story campaign mode chock-full of challenging missions among hordes of enemies. Go solo or group with up to 4 friends or random players online in multiplayer
- PvP – Create custom matches (private mode) for 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or 1vs4 players
- Local Couch co-op modes with up to 4 players
- Four diverse characters with their own unique skills and specialty attacks:
- Kaiser – A soldier from the Alien Wars rebuilt after receiving massive injuries, now has a massive arm that transforms into a drill.
- Ms Harakiri – Famed assassin specialising in stealth and infiltration, after barely escaping death during the Alien Wars, she fused together with an alien, now taking residence in her midsection.
- Hungry Beast – Once the noted (human) scientist Kurt Steiner, he had his brain inserted into a giant cyborg panda and now spends most of his time looking for delicious snacks.
- Gentleman – Brain Bug alien raised by humans. Feels the rest of the team are ill-mannered and vulgar, especially the Panda. Argues over table manners and the neatest and most efficient way to dispatch an enemy.
It will also feature online and local multiplayer modes when it releases for PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One on September 26.
Announced back in March, today Konami released the Contra Anniversary Collection. The collection comes with 10 classic games in the Contra franchise, and is now available for purchase on all digital game stores.
The full list of titles in the Contra Anniversary Collection includes is as follows:
- Contra (Arcade)
- Contra (Famicom)
- Contra (NES)
- Contra: Hard Corps (Sega Genesis)
- Contra 3: the Alien Wars (SNES)
- Operation C (Game Boy)
- Probotector (Sega Mega Drive)
- Super C (NES)
- Super Contra (Arcade)
- Super Probotector: Alien Rebels (Super Nintendo)
- Bonus eBook
In a free patch to be released shortly after launch, Contra Anniversary Collection players will receive Japanese version of select titles including: Contra, Super Contra: Alien no Gyakushū, Super Contra, Contra Spirits, Contra, Contra The Hard Corps, plus Japanese scans from the bonus eBook.