On April 1st Funcom announced Conan Chop Chop as an April Fools’ Day joke. But turns out, it’s a real game and it looks fun.
Conan Chop Chop is a roguelike coming to consoles and PC on September 3 from Mighty Kingdom.
The game will support up to four-player couch co-op and is set in Hyboria. In the game you are tasked with stopping the evil wizard Thoth-Amon, who plans to resurrect the wizard Xaltotun.
Here’s a list of key features:
- 1-4 players: Conan Chop Chop supports couch co-op.
- Diverse cast: Play as Conan, Pallantides, Valeria or Bêlit, all known heroes in the Conan universe.
- Diverse world: Explore the desert of Koth, the enchanted Darkwood, the burning slopes of Hyperborea and the icy world of Vanaheim, each with their own deadly dungeon.
- Loot: Use everything from a broom to a bastard sword to hack your foes to bits.
- Combos: CCC will feature not only the ability to swing left and right, you will also learn even flashier fighting moves as you progress.
- Bosses: Now is finally your chance to go up against a giant gorilla in a cape! But beware killer boss moves, such as Lava Reflux, Tail Whip and Loogie Glob.
- Infinite replayability: Randomly generated maps, tons of weapons and abilities ensure that every game will be a whole new experience. The game is superdeadly, but you will get to unlock new weapons for your next playthrough.
Conan Chop Chop will be made available for PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One.