Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary was announced today during the Xbox E3 2019 briefing, and it’s free for a limited time.
As previously leaked, Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary is a new adventure which sets the stage for Borderlands 3.
According to the description, Sanctuary is under siege, the Vault Map has been stolen, and a toxic gas is poisoning Pandora. It is up to Lilith and the Crimson Raiders to take on a villain “hell-bent on ruling the planet.”
The content will see you battling new bosses, exploring new areas, and collecting new loot in a new tier beyond legendary.
A list of features is below.
Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary
- Loot Tier: Legendary weapons are lovely and all, but now there’s an even rarer and more powerful tier in town: Effervescent. This tier features high stats, special effects, and some entrancing rainbow textures.
- Weapons and Equipment: With a new top loot tier comes new top loot, including super rare named firearms like a shotgun that fires…well, let’s just say there are ponies and rainbows and explosions.
- Customization: Each of the six Borderlands 2 Vault Hunters gets a new head and skin, while the two vehicle types receive three new skins apiece. Stylin’!
- Enemies and Bosses: The toxic gas seems to be doing strange things to Pandora’s bandit and beast populations, mutating them into deadly “Infected” forms. Expect exploding plant monsters, ferocious boss battles, and a new Raid Boss!
- Areas: Shoot and loot your way through previously unexplored Pandoran locales, including the wreckage of a familiar space station and at least one forbidden research lab.
- Level Cap: Pursue the new level cap of 80 (up from 72) and challenge yourself to achieve the two new Overpowered Levels, accessible via Digistruct Peak.
This is the fifth campaign DLC for Borderlands 2, and you must own a copy of the game or Borderlands: The Handsome Collection in order to play it.
Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary is available now for free until July 8.