There’s a lot of grinding in Mortal Kombat 11. So it makes sense to try and even the odds in terms of how much time and effort you’re putting into the game. Here’s how to easily farm Koins, Hearts and Time Crystals in Mortal Kombat 11.
Koins, Hearts, and Time Crystals – as you’re probably well aware – are used to unlock items in Mortal Kombat 11, so they’re always in demand.
Since release there have been a few glitches in the Krypt that you could farm, but all of them have been swiftly patched – can’t have them undermining the microtransaction economy after all.
This means that the best way to farm all kinds of in-game currency with minimum effort are the Towers of Time and Klassic Towers (specifically the Endless Tower).
How to farm Koins, Hearts, and Time Crystals in Mortal Kombat 11
First off, grinding through Towers of Time and the Endless Klassic Tower for the rewards might seem pretty obvious, but you’re not going to do the work yourself.
- To start, go into Kustomize
- Pick a strong character and go to the right-most option: AI Behavior
- The current picks for strong characters are Sonya Blade with 30 Kombos and Reversal, Noob Saibot with 30 Kombos and Reversal, Bakara with 20 Rushdown, 25 Kombos, and 15 Reversal, and Shao Khan with 20 Rushdown, 25 Kombos, and 15 Reversal
- Of those, probably try Noob Saibot first then experiment
- Now go into a Tower of Time, or the Endless Klassic
- The Towers of Time have better rewards, but the Endless Tower lasts longer
- On the character select screen, toggle the AI Fighter option to ON with X or Square on the controller
- Now you can AFK as your fighter beats down the opposition by themselves
(Note: If you have a third-party controller with a turbo button, set it to the continue button and you won’t have to press anything between bouts. Thanks to YouTube comments for that tip.)
We’ve embedded a video from YouTuber unCAGEDgamez below, who walks through the in-game menus if you’re lost:
Repeat this as many times as necessary, and use the income to supplement what you get from Krypt doors and playing the game naturally.
Once you’ve gathered enough resources to get what you want, why not keep our list of every fatality input in Mortal Kombat 11 handy?