The full-blood Toreador clan in Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 has been revealed by Paradox Interactive.
Also known as the Clan of the Rose, Toreador are “creators of art and beauty,” and these corporeal undead lead a rather hedonistic lifestyle Bloodlines 2.
One of the largest clans in the city, these beauty-obsessed Seattleites boast artists, architects, poets, and songwriters among their Kindred.
The group has inhabited Seattle since the pioneer days, and members can be found frequenting art exhibits, nightclubs, and coupled up with anyone of social, political or cultural power.
As far as their powers are concerned, the Toreador use the Presence discipline to “turn a crowd into an audience,” and use distraction into garner attention. They can also turn “aggression into adoration.” The Celebrity discipline will allow them to “push their bodies to incredible speeds.”
A full breakdown of both disciplines is below.
Bloodlines 2 – Toreador disciplines
- Awe – strike a pose that freezes all before you in adoring wonder. For a short time after, new admirers are oblivious to anything other than what they’ve just witnessed.
- Entrance – form a group of admirers around the vampire, following along and distracting nearby enemies.
- Public use of Presence abilities does not constitute a Masquerade violation.
- Unseen Storm – dash in any direction with such speed that you momentarily disappear from view, allowing you to land attacks, dodge around enemies, or get away before the dust has settled. Upgrades further enhance the effects of Unseen Storm.
- Accelerate – move so fast that everything else in the world appears to slow down to a standstill. Assailants seem frozen in their attacks, cars crawl forward, bullets zip by lazily, and the vampire can perform stunts that, with an 80’s synth track in the background, would make for an awesome movie scene. Upgrades further enhance the effects of Accelerate.
- Use of Celerity before mortals is a Masquerade violation.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is out next year for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. If you missed the initial announcement, here’s a look at the long-awaited sequel and pre-order details.