Pokemon Go is celebrating the theatrical release of Detective Pikachu this week with an in-game event.
Detective Pikachu, hits theaters this week on May 10, and Pokemon Go is getting in on the action.
Playing Pokemon Go this week, you’ll find a variety of “movie-inspired” in-game activities and content. This includes catching a Pikachu wearing a detective hat should you get photobombed by the Pokemon.
More encounters with select Pokemon featured in the film will occur. You can expect special Raid Battles and Field Research, and more Detective Pikachu-related fun. A breakdown of what to expect this week can be found below.
Pokemon Go – Detective Pikachu event
- Detective Hat Pikachu Photobomb: Using Go Snapshot, you may get photobombed by a Pikachu wearing a detective hat. You will then be able to catch the Pokemon.
- More Encounters with Pokemon Seen in the Movie: Bulbasaur, Jigglypuff, Psyduck, Aipom, and Snubbull, are some of the Pokemon which will appear more frequently. You may also have the opportunity to catch Shiny Aipom.
- Special Raid Battles and Field Research: Raid Battles with Pokemon starring in the film, and movie-inspired Field Research will be live during the week.
- New Avatar Items: The event will feature the option to customize your in-game avatars with movie-themed items. This includes a detective hat with Pikachu ears and a T-shirt featuring the film’s logo.
- Bonus: Double XP for catching Pokemon.
The Pokemon Go Detective Pikachu event kicks off today at at 1pm and ends on May 17 at 1pm PDT (GMT −7) through May 17.