The Division 2 Title Update 3, which includes the Operation Dark Hours raid has been delayed into May and there are Talent changes coming your way.
Ubisoft Massive announced in its latest State of the Game livestream Title Update 3 for The Division 2 will no longer release on April 25.
According to the developer, the extra time will allow it to “fine-tune” the game with further testing and balancing before the 8-player Operation Dark Hours raid is put live.
A final release date of Title Update 3 will be based on results of those tests.
“We want to make sure that we’ve properly tested the large amount of balance changes that are coming to both PvE and PvP and listen to your feedback about the changes before introducing the raid,” said the studio.
Announced last week, the Public Test Server (PTS) for The Division 2 on PC has been made available today. Currently the plan is to structure the PTS in phases, each lasting a few days with the focus on a specific part of the game.
The first phase will focus on finding bugs and not all balance changes will be present. As this phase draws to a close, Massive will patch the build and update you on what the next PTS update entails.
Anyone who owns the game on PC can access the PTS through Uplay. Starting today, PTS users will be testing some of the changes coming with Title Update 3. Massive said the Operation Dark Hours raid will not be available for testing.
The Division 2 PTS changes – Talents
While the majority of Update 3 isn’t available on the PTS, you’ll be testing some of the buffs and nerfs coming to existing Talents. There will also be a Re-calibration Score instead of an increase to Gear Score and it goes from 1-100. This is explained in the video above from Arekkz Gaming.
You will also find normalization changes to PvP content in Conflict, Normalized Dark Zone and Occupied Dark Zone.
The PvP damage modifier will be reduced from 70% to 40%, bringing Time to Kill down compared to PvE while the skill damage modifier will increase to 25%.
One of the biggest changes made is to Talents. We’ve broken down some of those for you below courtesy of Arekkz Gaming.
- Berserk: Adds 10% weapon damage for every 20% armor max depleted. It will now require 11 or more offensive attributes. You will also now need and LMG, SMG or Assault rifle equipped.
- Bloodsucker (PvE): Depleting enemies armor adds a stack of 25% armor bonus for 10 seconds, with a max stack of six. It will require 11 or more defensive attributes. (PvP): You’ll get a 20% armor bonus for five seconds with a max stack of five. It will require 11 or more defensive attributes.
- Clutch: Critical hits restore 20% health and repair 1% armor. While you’re getting a bump in health restoration, repair went down a percentage.
- Frenzy (PvE): Reloading from empty grants +20% (previously +35%) weapon damage and +15% (previously +35%) rate of fire for three seconds. Requires four or less defensive attributes. (PvP): Reloading from empty grants +15% weapon damage and +15% Rate of fire for three seconds. Requires four or less defensive attributes.
- Patience: After being in cover for five seconds (previously three), your armor will repair by 5% every second. This will require nine or more defensive attributes.
- Safeguard: One of the biggest changes made to Talents. With the change, killing a target grants a 50% bonus to repair and healing effects for five seconds and requires four or less offensive attributes. As it stands currently, killing a target grants a 150% bonus to repair and healing effects for 20 seconds.
- Spike: Headshot kills grant 35% skill damage for 20 seconds and requires five or more utility attributes.
- Spotter: Talent buffed to dole out a 20% damage increase to pulsed enemies. Required utility attributes have increased to five.
- Strained: 5% critical hit damage is gained for every 10% of depleted armor. It will also require five or less offensive attributes. Currently, its +10% critical hit damage gained for every 5% of depleted armor so this is another big change.
- Surgical: The critical hit chance bonus has been reduced to 5% from 8%.
- Unbreakable (PvE): 70% of max armor is repaired when armor is depleted, and armor kits will not consume within the first seven seconds. This now also requires 11 or more defensive attributes as well as no other active armor talents. (PvP): 20% of max armor is repaired when depleted and armor kits will not consume within the first seven seconds.This now also requires 11 or more defensive attributes.
- Unhinged: Another Talent with a major change, the damage bonus for Unhinged has been reduced to 20% (previously 25%). Handling is also reduced to 25% (previously 35%).
Over on The Division 2 subreddit, changes to additional Talents were outlined. You can also find a more comprehensive list of changes coming to the game and the PTS.
- Blacksmith: Killing an enemy with your sidearm repairs 50% of your armor once every 15 seconds. It requires 11 defensive attributes.
- Entrench: Headshots from cover will now increase repair to 10% of your armor.
- Kneecap: Shooting an enemy in the legs has will now have a 15% chance to apply a bleed.
- Preservation (PvE): Killing an enemy repairs 10% armor over five seconds, and headshots improve the repair to 20%. Requires seven defense attributes. (PvP): Killing an enemy repairs 5% armor over three seconds and headshots improve repair to 15%. Requires seven defense attributes.
- Reformation: Headshot kills increase skill repair and healing by 15%. Requires nine utility attributes.