Pokemon Go has another event on the way – and this time, it’s time for bug-type beasts to shine.
The ‘Bug Out!‘ event in Pokemon Go is set to take place in just a few days, taking over from the March madness of increased grass-type Pokemon spawns and the like to replace it with another adjacent Pokemon type – bug-type Pokemon.
You might think that bug-type beasts are on the weaker side – we all remember those bug trainer cannon fodder fellas in the early areas of every Pokemon game – but there’s actually a few neat opportunities attached to this bug-type event including some all-new shiny Pokemon. It’s true that not much you can cast is likely to be on the best Pokemon tier list, though.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Bug Out Pokemon Go period:
Pokemon Go Bug-type event: start and end time, rewards and increased spawns in the Bug-Out event
As always in Pokemon Go, the Bug Out event is a limited-run thing. Here’s the start and end dates:
- Bug Out Start Time: 2 April 2019 at 1pm Pacific (4pm EST, 9pm UK, 10pm CET)
- Bug Out End Time: 9 April 2019 at 1pm Pacific (4pm EST, 9pm UK, 10pm CET)
The event has a number of different features and bonuses in place:
- Bug-type spawn rates up: all bug-type Pokemon will spawn more often (more on this further down the page)
- Limited-time Bug-type focused Field Research: which will be listed on our Pokemon Go Field Research page
- Increased Incense Duration: all incense popped will last 1 hour instead of 30 minutes
- Boosted Incense Effectiveness: incense will be more effective, causing more Pokemon to appear
- New & Increased Shiny Pokemon spawns: as part of the event, you’ll have a boosted rate of catching Caterpie, Pinsir and Pineco to fill out your Pokemon Go Shiny Checklist
Bug-Out event Pokemon Spawn List
Earlier, we mentioned one of the key points of the event is increased spawn-rates for bug-type Pokemon. These are the creatures we expect to spawn often during this event. We’ve listed their first forms, but their evolutions may also appear: