Metro Exodus received its first major content update today, bringing New Game+ to all platforms. It also adds keyboard and mouse support for Xbox One.
The Ranger Update has released for Metro Exodus, and along with New Game+ for all platforms, Xbox One owners can now use keyboard and mouse as their preferred input device. 4A Games also added Steam Controller and DualShock 4 support to the PC version.
As with New Game+ in all titles, once you have completed the game’s main campaign you’re able to re-play it in the new mode.
In Metro Exodus, it grants access to all weapons and attachments unlocked through prior play-throughs. You can also adjust a range of variables from starting weapons to changing the weather, and disable saves between levels. New Game+ also includes new achievements and trophies.
4A Games said it will continue to work on future updates and will share its DLC plans for Expansion Pass holders soon.
Metro Exodus – Ranger Update
Note: Level specific content fixes or changes can only be fully applied to a level when it is started from the beginning either through natural progression, or the chapters menu. If you try to load an existing save within a level, the updates for that level will not be applied to that existing save. Updates will apply to all subsequent levels progressed to with that save.
- Epic Build (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu) – 126.96.36.199
- Epic Store version – 0.1.0.17
- Steam Build (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu) – 188.8.131.52
Steam Store version – 3675192
- Xbox One (World Wide) – 184.108.40.206 (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu)
- Xbox One (Japan) – 220.127.116.11 (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu)
- PlayStation 4 – 1.04 (verify in-game from Main Menu Options or Pause menu)
New Game+ and Developer Commentary
Modify the following suite of modes and settings for personalization. Note: Starting a new game in Regular Mode or in New Game + will clear your Quick/Auto/Chapter Select saves. You will need to progress again to access later levels.
- Allows you to start with all weapons and attachments found in the last playthrough
- Weapons are granted after freeing Anna in Moscow
- Starting weapons will be the last loadout that was set in the previous end game save
- All other weapons and attachments previously unlocked will be available in the Aurora Workbench Armory, first encountered in Volga
- Player Armor/Wrist upgrades do not carry over
- Reduces weapon slots to one. Any weapon can be used in this slot, but you can only take one with you. Manage this by swapping Weapons in the field, or by using the Aurora Workbench Armory
- Provides Player with the Crossbow at the beginning of the game in addition to normal Weapon Progression. Yermak gives the Player the Crossbow after Jammer scene in Moscow.
- Crafting in the Backpack is disabled, you may only use a Workbench
Only Weapon modifications allowed in Backpack
- Armored Enemies
- Human NPC’s are upgraded by one level of Armor across the game if applicable
- Tougher Creatures
- Creatures have thicker hide across the game
- Human NPC’s use explosives more often
- Real Time Weather
- Change the game’s natural day/night cycle from 2 to 24 real hours for complete immersion
- Bad Weather
- Fog, Rain, Snow, and Sand storm conditions occur more frequently where applicable
- Radiation is Forever
- Additional radiation zones will appear across some levels, making the Gas Mask more important
- Iron Mode
- Fully disables the Save System, progress is only saved between levels
- Green Tape Players throughout the game will be available to play Developer Commentary about the area in which it is found
Additional New Game+ Content
- Achievements / Trophies
- Unique collectibles
- Additional set of hidden objects in the world, only available in New Game +
- New Game + becomes available from the New Game menu after completing the game once.
Improved Controller Responsiveness
While the Hotfix changes were already well received, a 4th Controller Sensitivity Preset has been added with more tweaks to sensitivity, improved aim assist, and better ‘dead zone’ per platform. If you are mid-game you will need to manually select this from Options > Controller > Sensitivity to see if you prefer this adjustment.
This 4th preset has a new algorithm which treats its sub-settings different from other presets, in order to further address certain responsiveness complaints. It also contains improved aim assist and controller dead zones per platform.
Platform Specific Features and Improvements
Added Mouse and Keyboard support for Xbox One, further improved RTX and DLSS support on PC, Dual Shock Controller Light support for PS4 and more. Added DualShock 4 and Steam Controller support for PC.
General Performance, Balance, and Gameplay Optimizations
A raft of improvements across the board that improve the overall gameplay experience based on bugs reported, desired polish, and direct feedback/feature requests from the community, including things like a Volume Slider specifically for VO, and more.
Crash, Bug Fixes, and Improvements
Fixed numerous crashes – some from player descriptions, and some from submitted crash dumps. A big improvement to stability was in this update.