Cadence of Hyrule was announced for Switch today, and its a mashup of The Legend of Zelda and Crypt of the NecroDancer.
Nintendo announced Cadence of Hyrule during its Nindies Spring Showcase today. The rhythmic action-adventure title from Brace Yourself Games brings the gameplay of Crypt of the NecroDancer to The Legend of Zelda series.
You can play as either Link or Princess Zelda while exploring a randomly generated overworld and dungeons on a quest to save Hyrule. The game includes 25 remixed Legend of Zelda tunes alongside “modern-looking Lynels” and “Hyrulean Soldiers of old.”
In order to strategically out-step enemies in rhythmic combat, and arsenal of iconic Legend of Zelda items will be at your disposal. Various spells and weapons from Crypt of the NecroDancer will also be available on your adventure.
Check out the announcement video below.
Below is a short list of features provided by Nintendo.
Cadence of Hyrule
- A rhythmic action and adventure game in the world of The Legend of Zelda series
- Play as Link or Princess Zelda and explore open-air environments and dungeons randomly generated to save Hyrule
- Use items from The Legend of Zelda series, as well as spells and weapons from Crypt of the Necrodancer
- Battle legendary enemies and bosses in rhythmic and strategic battles
- Progress to the rhythm of 25 classic themes of the series The Legend of Zelda remixed for the occasion
Cadence of Hyrule will be released for Switch this spring.