The Division 2 has received an update today following three hours of maintenance.
Today’s Division 2 update is available now for all platforms, a less than 1GB download. The patch mostly includes progression and various exploit fixes, the biggest of which is the Castle bug.
In some cases, players were able to reach Castle prematurely, which could end up blocking progression. This has been fixed. XP gain from endgame activities has been buffed to scale to the player’s level, rather than conferring a flat value.
The patch also contains various mission fixes, such as those in the Beekeeper Jeff side mission, and the Jefferson Plaza. A loot exploit players discovered that involves repeatedly killing certain bosses in Invaded Missions has been plugged.
Read on below for the full change log:
- We removed a work in progress weapon that was not properly named and balanced.
- Crossbows now deal explosive damage to multiple objects as intended
- Exotic weapons equipped with silencers will now produce the sound they’re intended to make.
- NPCs engaged in combat will now react to grenades as intended.
- The ropes will now deploy properly to allow for extraction at the end of the Beekeeper Jeff side mission.
- Players should no longer be able to unlock Castle prematurely. This issue would block progression in some instances.
- Fixed a loot exploit that involved repeatedly killing bosses in some Invaded missions.
- In Jefferson Plaza, the NPC scene can no longer be interrupted during a boss fight.
- PC players playing together while connected to the same network were meeting a number of issues when interacting with each other. This has now been fixed.
- On PC, FreeSync 2 HDR can now properly be selected in game regardless of your PC’s configuration.
- Stopped “SHD CPU V.2” and “Cyclone Magazine” skill mods from dropping as loot. Player’s who already have the items can use them once they unlock the corresponding specialization perk.
- Players will no longer get stuck on black screens after watching introduction cinematics.
- We have updated XP rewards for all end game activities, so that they will scale to the player’s level, instead of being flat values.
- Several corrupted audio issues have been fixed.
We’re hard at work on a full guide for The Division 2. In the meantime, we’ve created this handy page for the best skills to prioritise early on. If you’ve been playing for a while, you’ll no doubt have come across locked faction boxes, here’s where to find the keys.