Epic Games has released a list of audio improvements coming in patch 8.01.
Fortnite’s technical sound designer, Seth Weedin, popped onto Reddit to tell players about the upcoming audio improvements heading to Fortnite in patch 8.01.
Some of the changes have already rolled out in this week’s update 8.00, but you can check out Weedin’s full list of promised improvements below.
- Improvement to the standard AR sound so that it’s not overbearing on the shooter.
- Tightened up the sound, so it’s more of a BLaaam versus a BLAAAM.
- Building Piece destroy sound is louder when instigated by enemies.
- Helps mitigate scenarios where “that guy Hand Cannon’d a wall behind me and I didn’t hear it”.
- Footstep audio blends in the above/below layers, rather than abruptly switching between them.
- Prevents jarring footstep transitions between floors directly above or below. Should clear up some confusion.
- Footstep occlusion traces from the heads of enemies when they’re above or below.
- This helps mitigate scenarios where an enemy has line-of-sight on you but their footsteps still sound muffled/occluded.
- Reduce volume of the S8 palm tree umbrella.
- This only affects the umbrella open/close layers. Don’t worry, the steel drum riff volume is preserved.
Switch players reporting that the Season 8 umbrella isn’t making the drum beat sound can also expect the issue to be fixed in update 8.01.