Rockstar Games has released the first big update for the Red Dead Online beta.
Red Dead Online beta participants can enjoy a plethora of new content today with the latest update to the game.
It was announced last week today’s update would contain new Showdown Modes, and new Races, additional clothes, weapons along with various game improvements and balancing.
While Rockstar initially provided a rundown of what to expect, additional information was posted today. We’ve popped it in below straight from Rockstar.
Red Dead Online beta update – 26GB
- New Daily Challenges: Completing these challenges will earn you Gold Nuggets and XP upon completion. The challenges include “wide-ranging objectives” covering everything from skinning animals to finding treasure, winning feuds and more. To find your seven Daily Challenges, just pull up the player menu. These will rotate each day, and completing all seven earns you a bonus.
- Free Roam Event: Starting next week, compete with rival teams and Posses in the new Free Roam Event Fool’s Gold. Here, you and others will fight to wear a protective suit of Golden Armor. Take down the current wearer to earn the armor and points, then turn the tables and rack up kills against the opposition.
- New Game Modes: You can expect new game modes to arrive in the Red Dead Online Beta each week. These include Target Races as you race other players on horseback to take down targets with speed and accuracy. Proficiency with a bow and arrow will give you an edge, take advantage of weapon and horse stamina pickups where you can, use your limited bullets wisely to remove targets or your attack your competition.
- Fishing Challenges: Opt in to a challenge to receive the appropriate equipment and bait. Head over to the water and start fishing. You can use Eagle Eye to pick a spot full of fish, and the highest total weight of fish wins. This can be achieved by hooking several smaller fish or angling for one large catch. In other words, don’t toss the fish back.
- Coming soon: three new Showdown Modes where players and teams compete to capture and deliver bags, steal loot from each other and survive. Stay tuned for more details around Up in Smoke, Spoils of War and Plunder. With the addition of these new modes also comes the Featured Series blip – visit the Featured Series sign post or from the Quick Join menu to play the latest modes.
- Rare Shotgun: Looks lovely actually, what with its engraved, faded brass. This version of the double-barreled longarm is available today.
- Coming soon: The Evans Repeater is a “high grade, high capacity rifle” which is potent at both medium and long range. Both weapons will be available via the Wheeler & Rawson Catalogue and from local Gunsmiths.
- A range of new Outfits, Boots, Coats, Gloves, Hats, Vests and more are available for purchase. Also, keep an eye on the shops and the Catalogue for Limited Time items which will come and go on a weekly basis.
- A new set of emotes including new reactions, greets and taunts are available. Like all Emotes, you can tap once for the standard emote and double tap for a more exaggerated version. The Emotes are available via the Wheeler & Rawson Catalogue.
- Updated Player Radar and Visibility: The visibility of players blips have been reduced over longer distances. Now, your location won’t display to other players unless you are nearby. This will minimize the likelihood of being targeted across the map by more aggressive players. This includes limiting voice chat to near proximity rather than players from across the map. Overly aggressive players will be highlighted from the map with a progressively darkening dot. If your style of play becomes more hostile, your map position (including your Posse members) will become darker and visible from further away.
- Easier Parley and Feuds: You can now turn quarrels into timed mini-deathmatches with easier to trigger Feuds. This can be initiated against a rival and their Posse after one kill. Alternately, instigate a temporary truce quicker after one kill with similar updates to the Parley system.
- Enhanced Law and Bounty System: If you stir up enough trouble to earn a high bounty, you’ll increase the chance that posse of NPC Bounty Hunters will be out to get you. The higher the bounty gets, the more persistent your pursuers will become.
Like GTA Online, keep you eye out for weekly bonuses. This week’s care package will help you complete Daily Challenges and your other adventures across the five states.
Head into the Red Dead Online Beta any time between now and Tuesday, March 5 receive a complimentary delivery of goods at your Camp’s Lockbox or at the Post Office consisting of:
- 2x Potent Snake Oil
- 2x Potent Bitters
- 2x Potent Miracle Tonic
- 2x Horse Reviver
- 2x Potent Horse Stimulant
- 8x Poison Arrows
- 10x Explosive Slug
PlayStation 4 Early Access Content
- Starting today, PlayStation 4 players will have early access to the Jawbone Knife, along with a new range of new clothing options and three new emotes.
- In the coming weeks, PlayStation 4 players will get the Special Series that launches them directly into the latest early access mode starting with Open Target Races where you compete in an open space to take out the most targets on horseback.
Rockstar will start updating Red Dead Online with additional bonuses, limited time clothing and more weekly. You can also expect more updates to improve and grown the game.