Pikachu and Eevee will celebrate Pokemon Day tomorrow in Pokemon Go with a special look.
Pokemon Go is celebrating Pokemon Day tomorrow with Pikachu and Eevee wearing flower crowns, and Kanto region creatures will spawn more frequently in the wild.
Pokemon Day happens every year on February 27 to commemorates the release of the first Pokemon video games in 1996. Nintendo is even getting in on the act by hosting a Nintendo Direct tomorrow which is Pokemon-centric.
To celebrate all things Pokemon, Niantic Labs will participate by upping the spawn rate of Kato region creatures in Pokemon Go. Kanto region Pokemon will also be available to challenge in raids
As mentioned above, Pikachu and Eevee will also sport a cute crown on their little heads during Field Research encounters and out in the wild.
Here’s when the two-day Pokemon Day celebration in Pokemon Go will take place.
Pokemon Day Celebration – February 26-28
- Starts: 1pm PST, 4pm EST, 9pm UK. 10pm CEST
- Ends: 1pm PST, 4pm EST, 9pm UK. 10pm CEST
- Pokemon that Trainers encounter early on in their adventures through the Kanto region will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Pokemon originally discovered in the Kanto region will be available to challenge in raids.
- Pikachu and Eevee wearing flower crowns will make a special appearance as Field Research encounters and in the wild.
- In celebration of Pokémon Day, you may even encounter Shiny Pidgey and Shiny Rattata.