Hollow Knight: Silksong, a sequel to the original game, was announced this week by Team Cherry.
Hollow Knight: Silksong promises all-new lands, new powers, vast hordes of bugs and more fun things.
Silksong started life as DLC to the hit game which has sold 2.8 million copies to date; however, the team found the scope became so large, it was decided to turn the DLC into its own game.
And here’s some great news if you were one of the 2,158 who backed Hollow Knight on Kickstarter: Silksong will be given to you free. That’s super nice.
The game is currently without a release date, but Team Cherry provided a list of features to expect.
- Discover a whole new kingdom – Explore coral forests, mossy grottos, gilded cities and misted moors as you ascend to the shining citadel at the top of the world.
- Engage in lethal acrobatic action – Wield a whole new suite of nimble moves as you dance between foes in deadly, beautiful combat.
- Craft powerful tools – Master an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons, traps and mechanisms to confound your enemies and explore new heights.
- Solve shocking quests – Hunt down rare beasts, unearth ancient mysteries and search for lost treasures to fulfil the wishes of the downtrodden and restore the kingdom’s hope. Prepare for the unexpected.
- Face over 150 all-new foes – Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights – defeat them all with bravery and skill.
- Experience a stunning orchestral score – Hollow Knight’s award-winning composer, Christopher Larkin, returns to bring melancholy melodies, symphonic strings and heart-thumping, soul strumming boss themes to the adventure.
- Challenge Silk Soul mode – Once you conquer the game, test your skills in an all-new mode that spins the game into a unique, challenging experience.
Hollow Knight: Silksong will be available, at launch, on Windows, Mac, Linux & Nintendo Switch. More platforms are possible in the future.