Nintendo wins point with fans by releasing detailed patch notes.
Update 2.0.0 has gone live and Piranha Plant has joined the roster as a free character for players who already own the game, and anyone who picks it up by January 31. Nintendo also released a huge list of fighter adjustments that were also made, which is going down well with the community.
If you received a code for Piranha Plant, you can redeem it up until the end of June 2019. For more info on how to get your free fighter, head to Nintendo’s dedicated page. Everyone else will be able to purchase the character as a standalone piece of content at a later date.
You can check out the full list of patch notes below:
- You can now play Spirit Board with up to four players.
- Select the spirit you want to challenge on the Spirit Board, and then go to Party → Fighter to select the number of people who will play. When playing with multiple people, you will lose the battle if any player is KO’d.
- The following spirits will now appear in the Shop.
- Partner Pikachu
- Partner Eevee
- Dice Block
- River Survival
- Golden Dash Mushroom
- We adjusted the calculation for Global Smash Power.
- Added the DLC fighter Piranha Plant.
- Piranha Plant will become available for purchase as DLC at a later date.
- Pressing both jump buttons at the same time will now cause you to short hop.
- Fixed the issue where the KO score included your teammates’ KOs when Team Attack was On.
- Game-balance adjustments.
- Various gameplay fixes.
- Specific fighter adjustments are detailed here.