Wargroove releases next week and it features cross-platform play on PC, Switch and Xbox One.
Wargroove, the turn-based tactics from Chucklefish, arrives next week on multiple platforms, and all three will support cross-play.
The developer announced on Twitter the title would support PC, Switch and Xbox One.
In the game, you are tasked with commanding army units in a battle between factions. You can do this with up to four players in the campaign, and in local and online multiplayer modes.
You can also design battlefields and stories using the in-game editor and customization tools.
Here’s the list of features:
- Choose from one of 12+ Commanders from 4 warring factions – the Cherrystone Kingdom, Heavensong Empire, Felheim Legion, and Floran Tribes.
- Strategically use your Commander’s unique “groove” ability to sway the battle in your favor.
- Battle your way through the Campaign Mode to discover the story and motivations behind each faction.
- Challenge your friends to local and online multiplayer skirmish modes with complete rule customisation, as well as local and online competitive and co-op play.
- Design and share online your own complex series of battlefields, with branching story paths using easy to master in-game map and campaign editors.
- Learn more about each character you encounter through a trial of boisterous bouts in Arcade mode, fighting 5 different opponents in quick succession.
- Outwit the enemy in Puzzle mode, using your strategic skills to complete tricky challenges in just ONE turn.
- Discover the history and lore of the world of Wargroove and its inhabitants in the Codex, as well as handy strategy tips and rules for use in battle.
- Seek out hidden in-game content and unlockables – old school style.
- Playable in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
Now available for pre-order, Wargroove releases February 1 for PC, Switch, and Xbox One. It will be released “soon” on PS4.