The Hitman 2 Snow Festival went live for Legacy Pack owners yesterday, and now those without it can get in on the winter fun.
Hitman 2 added a Snow Festival event along with the Winter Sports Pack yesterday. Those without the Legacy Pack can now now jump into the trial version which will remain available through February 12.
Snowballs are a new weapon in this event which takes place on the Hokkaido Legacy location map. A Snow Master Challenge Pack is also available as a reward, and permanently unlocks the Ice Pick and Snow Festival Suit.
For those without a Legacy Pass, the entire Hokkaido Legacy Location along with the Snow Festival can be downloaded as a trial for the duration.
Progress will carry over to the main game, so if you do not own the Legacy Pack, it can be purchased for $20.
Alongside the festival comes update 2.13 which includes a Winter Sports Pack for Expansion Pass holders. It includes five new items to be used in all Hitman locations. This pack is not currently available for individual sale.
The Winter Sports Pack includes the following:
- Winter Sports Suit: A tight-fitting, multi-colored thin sweater with matching dark grey cargo pants featuring reinforced knees. Neoprene-laced gloves and a matching canteen ensures you will fit right in at any ski-themed event.
- Snowball: A ball made of snow. Can be thrown at anyone to really annoy them.
- Piton: Metal spike used for climbing. Sharp enough to use as a lethal weapon.
- Quickdraw: Climbing gear which can double as a fiber wire in tight situations.
- Arctic Tool Box: A toolbox for arctic climate. Can be used to hide illegal items.
All Hitman 2 players will benefit from the update, as plenty of improvements, fixes, and tweaks have been made across the board.
Highlights include options to change the size of interaction text prompts and the addition of a Handyman Wrench.
Fixes in the patch address blurred scope, inventory extension, window scaling on PC, and plenty more.
You can look over the full patch notes for Hitman 2 through the official website.