The v7.10 patch is now available and brings with it the 14 days of Fortnite event, Winter themed islands and prefabs and a new Save the World experience.
The 14 Days of Fortnite event will feature Limited Time Modes, both new and old, with larger modes switching every two days and smaller team modes rotating every 24 hours. The event begins on December 19 and the LTM’s will update at 2 pm GMT/ 9 am ET, so keep your eye out for changes.
A new survival mode called Frostnite is coming to Save the World, where you’ll need to keep the Burner filled with scavenged BluGlo, surviving for as long as you can with only basic weapons and schematics.
Fortnite Creative is getting new Winter islands and prefabs to help you get into the holiday spirit.
Fortnite: Battle Royale
LTM: 14 Days of Fortnite
The 14 Days of Fortnite event will feature both new and returning LTMs. Large team modes switch every two days and small team modes rotate every 24 hours.
Starting December 19, log in each day at 9 AM ET(1400 UTC) to find out which modes are available to explore. Let us know which LTM is your favourite on our social channels!
Weapons and items
- Heavy Assault Rifle Changes:
- Reduced the effectiveness of the Heavy Assault Rifle while not aiming down sights; aiming down sight gameplay remains roughly the same
- Increased ADS accuracy bonus by 10%
- Increased accuracy while standing still by 10%
- Reduced vertical recoil by 6%
- Base accuracy reduced by 30%
- Reduced accuracy while jumping and falling by 60%
- Improved Balloon controls
- While in the air, Balloons can be released by pressing the ‘Crouch’ keybind(formerly the ‘Jump’ keybind).
- Players can again use Alt-Fire to release a Balloon when the Balloon item is selected.
- For modes it’s available in, the height at which glider redeploy is available has been decreased from 1000 units to 576 units.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to pick up live Dynamite through structures.
- Ground vehicles now slide on icy surfaces.
- Eliminations from “no-scoping” enemies with Sniper Rifles now shows up in the elimination feed.
- Sticking a landing on all 4 wheels with a vehicle will no longer damage the player inside.
- It’s now easier to pick up items dropped near a Mounted Turret.
- Stormwings now take 50% more damage from hitting objects.
- Boosting now reduces the damage taken from impacts by 50%, previously boosting prevented all impact damage.
- Damage done to players that are in a Stormwing when it’s shot down has been increased from 25 to 50
- Damage is dealt directly to health.
- Stormwings will now take more damage from destroying structures by running through them.
- Holding a movement key while confirming an edit will no longer force the player to continue moving in the direction of the key they were holding.
- Mounted Turrets will no longer be briefly teleported under the map and then returned to their original location.
- Various Zipline fixes
- Zipline animations no longer briefly play every time a player jumps after building underneath a Zipline.
- Players should retain proper momentum when latching onto a Zipline. This will fix the issue where it appears a player is “jittery/rubberbanding” or receives a perceived speed boost immediately after latching onto the Zipline.
- Players will no longer lose the ability to sprint if they emote while on a Zipline.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to become detached from the Zipline right after seeing the animation above their head.
- The Zipline pulley will no longer remain in the world after eliminating a player while they were riding on it.
- Fixed an issue where players would get flung across the map.
- Added sounds and effects when a ziplining player smashes through structures.
- Improved attach collision around Ziplines.
- Fixed regressions with the “Auto Pick Up Weapons” option
- Added additional dates for Explorer Pop-Up Cups and Friday Night Fortnite
- Explorer Pop-Up Cups
- Resource caps adjusted from 700/500/300 to 500/500/500 for wood/stone/metal.
- Resource gains on eliminations adjusted from 100/50/50 to 50/50/50 for wood/stone/metal.
- We’re continuing to make adjustments on these values in an attempt to find a healthy balance, please let us know your feedback!
- Fixed an issue where Traps were not granting elimination rewards in Explorer Pop-Up Cup.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent time trial Challenges from recording player completion times.
- Players should no longer see an occasional “Please Wait” message that blocks them from starting Challenge games in Playgrounds.
- GPU performance improvements when view distances are far. This should improve resolution on consoles and in some cases, frame rate.
- Minor improvements were made to performance for emote music playback.
- Addressed movement corrections sometimes are seen when players jump
- Improved the performance of some gliders.
- Improved winter biome ambient audio.
- Reduced the volume of Quad Crasher boost sounds.
- Fixed Victory Royale sound effects being different on mobile/Switch.
- Players can now preview loading screen cosmetics in the front end by pushing the key bound to the “preview” action “Full Screen”
- Added a vehicle health bar above the player shield bar.
- Fixed an issue where a short snippet of the currently equipped Music item could be heard when previewing a different Music item
- Fixed an occasional crash when viewing event tiles on the consoles.
Art and animation
- Zenith has his own idle animation in the lobby.
- Lynx has her own idle animation in the lobby.
- Phone It In now plays for 15 seconds in the lobby
- Dab for days with the new emoting power of the Infinite Dab in the lobby!
- Lasts 10 hours.
- UI buttons updated.
- Made the HUD settings tab visible for mobile players.
- Updated icons to be more visible in snow.
- Moved the Exit Vehicle button to a new location
- 60 FPS option enabled for iPad Pro – second generation (10.5” & 12.9”) (select inside Settings).
- Enabled support for Snapdragon 710 chipsets (such as; Samsung A8S, Xiaomi Mi 8SE, Nokia 8.1, Oppo R17 Pro).
- Enabled support for Snapdragon 670 chipsets (such as Oppo R17, Vivo Z3).
- Enabled support for Samsung A9.
- Added a warning when Accessibility settings for Zoom are enabled, which interfere with tapping the screen and cause missing actions.
- This caused players to experience unresponsive interactions.
Winter Themed Islands
A cold front brings in 4 new Winter themed Islands you can select from the player Rift on the starter island.
Winter Village Prefabs
Add seasonal touches to your Islands with 6 new Winter Village Prefabs.
- Added 4 new Winter Islands –
- Selectable from the player Rift on the starter island
- Players now have 2 total “The Block” Islands instead of 1.
- Fixed multiple issues with Island Rift Portals not behaving as expected.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Featured Island Rift Portals not functioning when more than 8 players joined a server.
- Fixed player animation issues occurring after the “Reset Island” feature is used.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to build above the height limit, causing them to become stuck.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a visiting player to lose the ability to select a Rift location if they leave and return to a host’s server.
- Fixed issues with editing structures and placing Traps on other player’s Islands.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Switch players to be removed from a server when one or more players max out their available Island memory
- Added 6 Winter Village prefabs.
- Added Holiday prop packs.
- Added new cube colors to the Cube Gallery prefab.
- Added logs and stumps to the Nature Gallery.
- Added Winter Nature Gallery.
- Added additional ramps and floors to the Obstacle Gallery.
- The “Peg Hop” prefab no longer spawns with a blocked staircase that requires players to destroy/build around it.
- New Devices added:
- Gunner – Stands and shoots at any player within a 2 tile radius.
- Choose between Pistol, Shotgun, Assault Rifle, or Rocket Launcher.
- Added new options to Player Spawners:
- Added an option to hide the Player Spawner during Game.
- Added an option to prioritize which Player Spawn to use when there are multiple to choose from.
- Modified Island Start option to allow spawning for both Island and Game.
- New Item Spawner settings:
- Added an option to hide the Item Spawner during Game.
- Added an option to customize the rate that items are spawned.
- Fixed players being unable to access Item Spawner options.
- Fixed a visual issue that occurred if a player picked up a new trap while another was equipped.
- This issue would cause the UI to update with the new trap but would place the original trap instead.
- Fixed a visual issue causing the Ice Block to appear in-game as the Cozy Campfire model when looted from a chest.
- Added new “Glider Redeploy” Island setting.
- Controls whether players can glide after falling.
- Default: On
- Explosives are no longer able to destroy structures when the “Building Damage in Game” setting is turned off.
- Fixed players not sprinting after being in Fly Mode when both the “Auto Sprint” and “Toggle Sprint” settings were enabled.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent a player’s health and shields from resetting when starting a game in Creative Mode.
- Fixed an issue that could cause “Building Damage in Game” and “Block Building in Game” knobs to not function correctly.
- Fixed issue that could sometimes cause repaired structures to revert back to their previously damaged state when a player leaves and comes back to their island.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when selecting “My Island” from the in-game menus immediately after being eliminated.
- Fixed players being spawned over the water when entering an Island in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to jump after falling through the world.
Creative tools and phone
- Fixed issues where props could pass through the foundation structure of The Block Island.
- Fixed rotated props becoming attached to the phone at strange angles when you interact with them.
- Fixed props being unexpectedly dropped after carrying them far distances.
Weapons and items
- Fixed an issue where the Grappler was not respecting the Infinite Ammo Island Setting.
- Fixed an issue with player created chests would spawn on top of a structure above the player rather than in front of the player.
- Fixed issues with players not being able to loot chests on another player’s island while in Game.
- Fixed chests and Llamas being openable even if you didn’t have edit permission on another player’s island.
UI and social
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from joining the party of a Switch player in an active Creative server.
- Initial loading improvements.
- Optimized performance when players throw Playset Grenades.
- Optimized networking memory usage.
Save the World
Missions and systems
Frostnite is a new experience in 7.10, testing player’s survival in a long winter night.
Frostnite introduces a new objective. Keep the Burner filled with scavenged BluGlo. When it runs out, so does the heat. That means a whole bunch of frozen Heroes.
As the burner health decreases the Storm Shield shrinks, so keep that thing filled!
Survive as long as you can without your gear or resources, using your survival skills, schematics, and basic starting weapons.
- Get double the resources from searching and harvesting objects.
- Watch for Airdrops between waves for some much-needed supplies.
- You don’t keep any weapons or traps when the experience concludes, so use those Legendary weapons and traps as if your life depends on it!
- Keep an eye out for the Krampus Smashers who dwell in these cold regions. They’re dangerous but drop some much needed BluGlo.
- When a player is knocked out they enter spectator mode until the remaining players complete the wave.
- The longer you survive the more Snowflake Tickets you will earn! Tickets can be spent on the new Winter Llama.
- Added several event quests that can be completed by playing Frostnite.
- Be on the lookout for weekly challenges in the coming weeks!
- Down Tier Crafting is now available!
- Schematics that have been evolved to higher tiers can now also craft all the lower-tier versions of the weapon/trap.
- The lower-tier versions of the schematic are lower level, but also cost lower-tier ingredients to craft.
- Use up old crafting ingredients and save the rare stuff for when it counts! In particular, transitioning into a new location should go much more smoothly.
- The 14 Days of Fortnite are upon us! Starting Dec 19 at Midnight GMT, the first Holiday-themed quest will appear in the Quest Journal.
- Every day we will add a new Holiday-themed quest to the player’s quest log.
- Complete the quests to earn valuable rewards!
- Quests will remain active until the 7.20 release.
- Added a new stat called Armor which replaces Damage Resistance. Any Hero or Weapon Perks that granted Damage Resistance have been updated to grant Armor.
- Individual Perks have become stronger as a result, but the benefits of stacking have been reduced.
- In the near future, all Heroes and Weapon Schematics affected by this change will be eligible for an evolution refund. You may choose to return the affected item to level 1 and reset all attached perks to their starting rarity, recovering all invested resources in the process.
- The Storm King is now considered a Group Mission, which allows players to summon 1 Defender each (for a total of 8 characters) while fighting the boss.
- Fixed the empty message box that sometimes showed when joining the storm king mission
- Tracks in Deliver the bomb mission will now correctly link to the Depot and Launcher.
- Fixed an issue where during the Storm King fight, incorrect objectives could be displayed.
- Deliver the Bomb will now always have valid paths in Ghost Town sub biome.
- Deliver the bomb now allows you to reverse direction on first created bomb.
- Missions that are temporarily unlocked during a campaign quest are no longer eligible for Mission Alerts. This prevents the creation of “hidden” Mission Alerts that can not be seen by the majority of players.
- Some missions were unlocked by completing quests that are no longer Main Quests. These missions are now unlocked by completing the appropriate quests in the story campaign instead.
- Medkit search area can no longer be destroyed.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to build inside of BluGlo pylons
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to place a B.A.S.E inside of BluGlo pylons
- Mimic chests can no longer be destroyed before the mimic wakes.
- Fixed issue with players getting stuck at end screen with “Waiting for results…”
- If using R.O.S.I.E. at the end of the match, it is no longer possible for the character to end up missing at the final score screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a server crash when loading into a Storm Shield.
- Fixed issue with players being able to increase difficulty during the “Build Off” quest.
- Adding a context menu to the Store Summary screen that allows favoriting/recycling of newly acquired items.
- The Quest page has a new visual callout which will now communicate special events in the future!
- Players using a controller can now scroll through current and completed quest rewards using the right stick on the Quest tab.
- Many reward items have been updated to now show a large icon of the item when inspecting it during the open rewards sequence.
- Fixed issue with quest play button playing its animation at incorrect times
- Evolved items no longer appear behind Collection Book Reward screen when simultaneously evolving and leveling up Collection Book. When reward screen appears, we now clear any viewed vault items.
- Banners now properly display the player’s icon and color during the reward sequence.
- Fixed various issues with the unslot option on the Transform item picker screen.
- Corrected button text on collection book slotting menu to accurately say an item can be inspected but not upgraded from that menu.
- Fixed the visual issue for schematic cards with long names on the llama opening screen.
- Fixed issue with Defender Post menu closing when using Back while on the weapon select screen.
- Fixed power level being higher in zone versus in the frontend.
- Fixed “A Party Member Is Underpowered” message incorrectly being displayed.
- Cloaked Shadow Ninja added to the Event Store
- Legendary variant of Skirmisher subclass
- Available December 19 at 7 PM Eastern Time
- Jolly Headhunter Soldier available in the Winter Llama
- Variant of Double Agent subclass
- Sgt. Winter Soldier available in the Winter Llama
- Variant of Sergeant subclass
- Jingle Jess Outlander available as Frostnite quest reward for surviving 15 minutes
- Legendary variant of Enforcer subclass
- Sentry Gunner Krampus Constructor available as a Frostnite quest reward for surviving 45 minutes
- Legendary variant of Sentry Gunner subclass
- Converted the following Abilities/Perks to use Armor instead of Damage Resistance
- Attached structures increase Armor by 35.
- Riot Shield
- While charging increase Armor by 680.
- Safety Protocol
- Increases Armor of structures attached to B.A.S.E. by 15.
- Shadow Stance
- During Shadow Stance increase Armor by 60.
- Shadowier Stance
- Increase Armor by an additional 25 while in Shadow Stance.
- Deep In The Zone
- Gain 40 Armor and increase pick axe damage by an additional 24% during In the Zone.
- Shock Phase
- Shockwave increases Armor by 190 for 6 seconds.
- Flak Vest
- Increase Armor by 160. Armor reduces by 40 each time the Soldier is hit. Gain 40 Armor every 10 seconds, up to a max of 160 Armor.
- Heavily Armored
- Increase Armor by 45.
- Increase Armor by 12/18/25.
- Fixed an issue that blocked targeting for T.E.D.D.Y. and Hoverbot while placed near R.O.S.I.E.
Weapons and items
- Added the Medieval weapons set, available in Winter Llamas:
- Hemlock Assault Rifle: Deals consistent damage to enemies at close to medium range, but falls off at longer ranges due to lower accuracy.
- Basilisk Pistol: Deals high burst damage, with a high critical chance.
- Stalwart Squire Shotgun: A powerful single shot weapon with high damage and knockback in a short range.
- Wicked Wind Axe: A large curved axe with a good mix of damage and impact.
- Ginger Blaster Pistol will be available as a Frostnite quest reward for surviving 30 minutes
- A potent and quick revolver with modest recoil.
- Includes a 6th perk that grants a chance to drop healing gumdrops from defeated enemies.
- Updated Melee Weapon Perks to use Armor instead of Damage Resistance:
- Grants 13 / 20 / 27 / 33 / 40 Armor
- Increased the value of Heavy Attack Energy Efficiency Perks on weapons to be comparable with Perks on Heroes:
- Grants 40% / 60% / 80% / 100% / 120% Heavy Attack Energy Efficiency
- Increased the value of Life Leech Perks by 50%
- Grants 1.8% / 2.7% / 3.6% / 4.5% / 5.4% Life Leech
- The projectile from the Bowler now immediately explodes when hitting the Storm King.
- Fixed the Quad Launcher perks, replacing Increased Attack Speed (melee) with Increased Fire Rate (ranged) in its fourth perk slot.
- Holding a movement key while confirming an edit will no longer force the player to continue moving in the direction of the key they were holding.
- The Holidays are upon us! Husks, Lobbers, Poison Lobbers, Husklings, Sploders, and Smashers are all getting into the Holiday spirit.
- Fixed an issue with the Storm King sweep beam attack hitting players after it had already passed.
- Made the Storm King sweep beam ground visual effects more closely match the width of the actual damage area.
- The Storm King will now timeout and defeat all players as normal even if both of his horns have been broken.
- Made the Storm King loot cache items spread out a bit more so they are less likely to overlap.
- Fixed an issue where players could sometimes remain inside of the Storm King’s tornado base.
- Made the left and right crystal weak points on the ribs of the Storm King a bit easier to hit.
- Added sound to social missing party request invites.
- Added sound effect for when recycling schematics and retiring Survivors.
- Updated T.E.D.D.Y.’s gun firing sound effect.
- Lots of new music and sound content for Frostnite!
- Fixed issue with hero specific dialog not playing in some cases.
- Fixed issue with Ralphie’s Revenge sniper fire attenuation being too short.
- Fixed issue with Turn Up the Base ability being too loud and spamming.
- Fixed issue with ghost pistol explosion impacts triggering more than once per impact.
- Fixed issue with tutorial pop-ups sound triggering when not focused on the screen.
- Fixed issue with ending theme music being cut off by cinematic before rocket launch during tutorial mission.
- Fixed an issue with multiple rooster calls and crows triggering at one time during day cycle.
Weapons and items
- Fixed weapon auto reload being prevented when the SprintByDefault setting is enabled.
UI and Performance
- Pressing the Enter key with no text entered will now close the Chat window in the Battle Royale or Save The World lobby.
- Setting your status to Away will now prevent friends from joining your party.
- Added clearer error notifications when sending Friend Invites to yourself.
- Your Epic Friends will now see your status as “Selecting Game Mode…” if you have not yet picked a game mode (e.g. Battle Royale / Save The World).
- Sending a Whisper to someone while in a match or zone will now consistently open the Chat window.
- Fixed an issue that could result in loss of input on the Add Friends startup screen on consoles.
- Fixed the display of the window buttons in the upper-right corner of the application at lower resolutions.
- The “Add Friend” button will now be consistently shown where appropriate when viewing teammates on Mobile platforms.
- Improved performance on Switch and mobile during level streaming (particularly during skydiving).
- Fixed some performance issues with the Stormwing which could lead to reduced frame rate and movement corrections