Command & Conquer remaster developer Petroglyph is working on a new game set in the Conan universe.
The Conan Unconquered reveal trailer shows scores of troops assaulting a fortification as Conan stands on the wall, flexing his muscles. His brain muscles, that is. This is a strategy game, after all.
We then get a look at Conan’s troops as they charge into battle, soon followed by a godlike statue stomping into the fray.
The cinematic trailer was unveiled during the Kinda Funny Games Showcase, and you can watch it right here:
Conan Unconquered tasks players with building a stronghold and assemble an army to battle the raging hordes of Hyboria. Wave after wave of enemies will rush the gates, each stronger than the last. Manage your resources, research new technologies,lead your army, and recruit more meat sponges to survive.
Gameplay is real-time, but can also be paused to issue commands and start construction of new buildings. Battles can include everything from fires threatening to wipe out your stronghold, to “piles of corpses” spreading disease and then death.
Conan Unconquered is playable in both single-player and two-player co-op. The latter allows for base sharing, but both are free to build new buildings and armies to reach a common goal.
A recap of the aforementioned plus additional features are below.
Build an unconquerable stronghold
- Manage resources such as food, gold, wood, and iron to fuel your expanding stronghold. Construct a variety of different buildings from housing to temples and military barracks. Build defensive walls around your stronghold and equip them with traps such as oil cauldrons to keep attackers at bay.
Explore the environment
- Randomly generated maps allow for infinite re-playability and each map holds vast opportunities for players that dare to explore beyond their stronghold. Discover ruins hiding great treasures, but beware: these are often protected by massive guardians that you need to bring down to claim your loot.
Assemble an army
- You may start out with only a few foot soldiers, but before long you will have amassed an epic army of heavy cavalry, sorcerers, and more, ready at your command. Train units and keep them fed and paid to see their power grow and become truly unconquerable.
Stand against the horde
- Battle wave after wave of increasingly more difficult enemies coming to destroy your stronghold, from lowly footmen to experienced elites and mighty siege weapons. Giant snakes and scorpions, spearmen, necromancers, and flying demons will arrive in vast numbers to see your home burn to the ground.
Call upon the gods
- Build a temple and dedicate your stronghold to Mitra. Summon their massive avatar that towers above the battlefield and crushes your enemies in its footsteps.
Survive disease, fire, and death
- The world of Conan the Barbarian is one of blood, battle, and savagery. As your soldiers and those of your enemy die on the battlefield, their bodies will be left to rot and spread disease that can quickly turn the tide of war. Of course, a necromancer might be able to turn that to their advantage.
Unlock legendary heroes
- Heroes are incredibly powerful units that can greatly influence the outcome of battles. These heroes, including Conan himself, possess special abilities and you can equip them with unique artifacts that you find as you explore the world.
Two player co-op
- Play together online and build a shared stronghold while fending off the enemy hordes. Both players can build structures freely, and research upgrades, walls, and structures are all shared allowing for a truly unique and cooperative multiplayer experience.
Conan Unconquered will release in Q2 2019.