The next Pokemon Go Community Day event takes on November 30 and carries right through til December 2 – and this is a different sort of event, featuring a whole range of awesome Pokemon.
Another month, another Pokemon Go Community Day. The December 2018 community day is a little different this time around and is functionally a greatest hits of the events that have taken place already throughout 2018.
Because this event features 11 different Pokemon, all of which can come with exclusive moves and have increased spawn and shiny spawn rates, the community day takes place across a longer period this time. It’s a little more complicated this time, but we’ll explain everything you need to know below…
Pokemon Go December November Community Day Date, Start Time & End Time
For the first time, the latest Pokemon Go community day is now going to stretch over multiple days – and even, just about, multiple months! This is to allow all of the Pokemon you can catch – eleven different Pokemon species in all – to get a fair shake of the stick and a fair chance to be hunted and caught. You’ll want to catch a lot of them, after all – that’s the point of these community events.
The event kicks off on November 30 – a Friday. After that, it continues right through December 1 (Saturday) and December 2 (Sunday). Depending on where you are in the world, your end time will either be very late on Sunday night or on Monday morning – more on that below.
- December Community Day Times in Asia Pacific: Dec 1 6am to Dec 4 4pm JST
- December Community Day Times in the UK: Nov 30 9pm to Dec 3 7am UK
- December Community Day Times in Mainland Europe and Africa: Nov 30 10pm to Dec 3 8am CET
- December Community Day Times in North America: Nov 30 1pm to Dec 3 11pm PST / Nov 30 4pm to Dec 4 2am EST
In addition to the above, there will be one special bonus period during Pokemon Go’s December Community Event. These bonus times all occur on Saturday December 1, and all for a specific 3-hour period. During this time, you’ll be able to earn additional rewards including Double Catch XP and Double Catch Stardust. The timing of this bonus period varies from region to region: (These Bonus Times have now passed and their bonuses over.)
- December Community Day Times in Asia Pacific: 12pm to 3pm JST
- December Community Day Times in Europe and Africa: 10am to 1pm UK, 11am to 2pm CET
- December Community Day Times in North America: 11am to 2pm PST, 2pm to 5pm EST
Let’s talk about those buffs and rewards in more detail…
Pokemon Go December Community Day Rewards: Shiny Pokemon, Double Stardust & XP, Exclusive Moves and more
If you’ve been familiar with past Pokemon Go Community Day events, the December Community Day will make more sense to you. Usually these community events focus on one Pokemon species, increasing their spawn rates and making them more easily available with certain powerful moves or in shiny forms.
The December community day is all of this, but instead of focusing on one Pokemon species you’ll have the opportunity to catch every previous Community Day Pokemon from 2018 again. It’s an encore. Here’s who you can catch, with their exclusive moves:
- Pikachu (with Surf)
- Dratini (with Draco Meteor)
- Bulbasaur (with Frenzy Plant)
- Mareep (with Dragon Pulse)
- Charmander (with Blast Burn)
- Larvitar (with Smack Down)
- Squirtle (with Hydro Cannon)
- Eevee (with Last Resort)
- Chikorita (with Frenzy Plant)
- Beldum (with Meteor Mash)
- Cyndaquil (with Blast Burn)
As mentioned above, the main reason to take part in this community day is to catch a bunch of the featured Pokemon and then find one with half-decent stats and evolve or power it up to build a formidable Pokemon.
There’s some great creatures on this list with some great bonuses. Dratini evolves into Dragonair and Dragonite, for instance, and the latter is considered one of the best Pokemon in Pokemon Go. Likewise for Larvitar, which eventually becomes Tyranitar – a tier list topping battler.
You also have the chance to catch shiny forms of Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle – fan favorite classics – plus the chance to stock up on Eevee and Eevee Candy in order to make the most of Eevee Evolutions in Pokemon Go. The spread of Pokemon types also means you can find something to plug a battling type strength or weakness hole. It’s a great community day, you guys.
Taking part in the event’s bonus hours on Saturday has other bonuses beyond catching Pokemon, however, making it quite worthwhile: (These Bonus Times have now passed and their bonuses over.)
- Featured Pokemon spawn rates are way up, including for Shiny forms
- Double Catch XP on all Pokemon catches in the bonus window on December 1
- Double Catch Stardust for the duration of the bonus window on December 1
- Double Egg Incubator effectiveness boosts Pokemon egg hatching speed during the December 1 bonus period
- Lures last for 3 hours during the bonus period
- Guaranteed access to an exclusive move Pokemon caught or their evolutions. You can see the exclusive moves above, listed alongside the Pokemon.
November Pokemon Go Community Day History: past events
Ninatic Labs held the first Community Day event in January with Pikachu. It’s continued since then:
- February’s Pokemon was Dratini
- March was Bulbasaur
- April was Mareep
- May’s Pokemon was Charmander
- June’s Pokemon was Larvitar
- July was Squirtle
- August was Eevee
- September was Chikorita
- October was Beldum
- November was Cyndaquil