The Anthem closed alpha has been dated and it will take place next weekend.
EA and Bioware announced dates for the Anthem closed alpha today, and it’s not tied to pre-orders, EA Access, or Origin Access membership. Woohoo!
The alpha will be available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It runs from December 8-9. There are multiple sessions across the two days, and those with access can play in one or all of them on a chosen device.
All you need to do is sign up to EA’s Community Playtesting program – but do it right now as space is limited. If you don’t get in, your name will be placed on a waiting list. Sign ups close end of day on December 3.
How to sign up for the Anthem closed alpha
- Head to the EA Community Playtesting site.
- Sign in with your EA Account.
- Choose your platform, and when you want to play. Once your choices are completed, click Submit.
- Signing up does not guarantee you’ll be invited to take part, it’s on a first come, first served basis.
- If you’re in, you’ll see a confirmation on the Community Playtesting site and you’ll get an email letting you know how to download the Anthem closed alpha game client.
Keep in mind that signing on for the alpha means you will be under a strict NDA. Testers will not be able to “talk about, stream, or otherwise share information about the game” with anyone. More on the NDA and the alpha can be found through EA Help.
Planning to give it a go on PC? You can look over the specs below.
Anthem closed alpha recommended system specs
- OS: 64-bit – Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3570 or AMD FX-6350
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, AMD R9 390 8GB
- HD: 60GB of free space
Anthem releases on PC, PS4, and Xbox One February 22.