The latest Sea of Thieves update, Shrouded Spoils, docked today loaded with new content and improvements.
Sea of Thieves players should update their game to the latest version as new content is now available.
Titled Shrouded Spoils, the update offers “new twists on favorite encounters” as well as new riches and spoils.
The Kraken will also appear more frequently, and fog can pop up at any time while out at sea or on land.
Here’s what’s included with the Shrouded Spoils update:
- The addition of fog that can appear suddenly and cloak all manner of dangers at sea and on land.
- New Merchant Alliance items to find including the explosive Mega-keg, Crate of Ancient Bone Dust and Mermaid Statue Gems.
- More skeleton forts to take on as six new forts become active making nine in total.
- Improved skeleton ships including the addition of a new skeleton sloop, a new ‘Battle of the Devil’s Roar’ skeleton ship skirmish and the addition of roaming skeleton ships who display varying levels of aggression.
- New ways to express yourself including all-new ship customization – cannons, wheels and capstans – and the time-limited ‘Wailing Barnacle’ ship and cosmetic set.
- A range of new Pirate Legend Commendations for Athena Levels 1-10.
- More frequent appearances from the Kraken (who’s also learned some new tricks), a range of new Megalodon variants to find and rewards and commendations for defeating these monsters.
The Shrouded Spoils update is available for free to all Sea of Thieves players on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.
In early 2019 players have a new competitive PvP mode to look froward to called The Arena, the Sea Dogs faction, and a new tavern area.